Desert Orchid has died

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stat Brother said:
That can't be so, a thread started by lil'old me requested to go into the hallowed halls of NSC gold.

(Can't think of a horsey pun, as I do just fall on the GG side of this fence)

OK best 'unintentional' pun of the day. Is it

a) Stat Brother's falling at the fence or

B) LI's 'reign' gag.

Superb unintentional comedy work.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
London Irish said:
Good post, but you are fighting a losing battle against a postmodernist influenced culture that trivialises every higher feeling and emotion.

WTF:ohmy:
You crack me up with self opinionated clap trap.

It is sad that a horse, known to many, has died, but get real.

As a previous post says what about those horses that are shot on the course or those retired horses that make a steady trot to the knackers yard! DO only survived this fate because of his success. He was still making money for his owners right to the end. The only person I feel really sorry for is the stable hand who devoted their time for a pittence.

For the record the trainers etc of this sport of kings run very close to cruelty in their methods and I for one would like to see closer monitoring of the racing yards. A RSPA inspector who had to attend to an incident with our horses said that one of the best known trainers regularly removes/drains half of the horses blood three days prior to a race. This is so the horse goes into overdrive in blood production and the new blood is of a higher oxygen content. This apparently helps the stamina. I was shocked to hear this but he said though it not right it not considered abuse.

Finally speaking from experiance of horse owners after the initial sadness of the death of a horse the very next thourght is usually "how the f*** are we going to move that!" especially if it happened in the stable.

PILTDOWN MAN said:
WTF:ohmy:
You crack me up with self opinionated clap trap.

It is sad that a horse, known to many, has died, but get real.

As a previous post says what about those horses that are shot on the course or those retired horses that make a steady trot to the knackers yard! DO only survived this fate because of his success. He was still making money for his owners right to the end. The only person I feel really sorry for is the stable hand who devoted their time for a pittence.

For the record the trainers etc of this sport of kings run very close to cruelty in their methods and I for one would like to see closer monitoring of the racing yards. A RSPA inspector who had to attend to an incident with our horses said that one of the best known trainers regularly removes/drains half of the horses blood three days prior to a race. This is so the horse goes into overdrive in blood production and the new blood is of a higher oxygen content. This apparently helps the stamina. I was shocked to hear this but he said though it not right it not considered abuse.

Finally speaking from experiance of horse owners after the initial sadness of the death of a horse the very next thourght is usually "how the f*** are we going to move that!" especially if it happened in the stable.

I actually quite enjoyed reading your self-opinionated claptrap and found myself agreeing with nearly all of it :D

My post was of course on a different subject entirely, whether the mournful feelings of the few really avid DO fans on here should be respected. I don't actually think any of your comments cut across that.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
PILTDOWN MAN said:

_40121010_horse_bbc_203.jpg

maybe thats a way to dispose of it, they did it at brighton station remember!!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
These old threads.....a massive reluctance to use the thumbs up function back in the day, or what?

Or do the thumbs fade away with time? Like thumb prints in the sand as the tide comes in at Wincanton beach..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here