Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Makes me laugh some people getting upset at the passing of a very successful horse who has lived a long and pleasant life for a horse. Why not get upset about the horses that regularly get put down after falling. What happens to all the horses who don't win races ? End up as Pedigree chum don't they ?

Why not feel sorry for them ? Fact is most people who are followers of 'The Sport of Kings' couldn't care less about any animal if they don't make money out of it, spare me the crocodile tears.
    First law of NSC, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I don't mind admitting it: I cried at the bit when the horse had a heart attack in National Lampoon's Animal House. So very sad - and it was only meant to be blanks but it had a heart attack and they were shouting "HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!" afterwards and running away.
      Originally posted by Trufflehound
      The Englishman says: "Just wash your hands after you've finished jacking off that greyhound please. We're hungry."
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by afters
      i'd have thought this thread demonstrates exactly the opposite: that our "postmodern culture" encourages such drivel as emotional gushing at the death of a horse.

lady di syndrome at its worst
      Pretty flabby parallel, we haven't seen the whole of NSC bow down in a spurious grief at something they had little connection with just to fit in with the popular mood, we've seen one or two (at most) posters express sadness at the death of a horse whose career they avidly followed. What harm is there in respecting that.
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by London Irish
      Pretty flabby parallel, we haven't seen the whole of NSC bow down in a spurious grief at something they had little connection with just to fit in with the popular mood, we've seen one or two (at most) posters express sadness at the death of a horse whose career they avidly followed. What harm is there in respecting that.
      Agreed. That's just so typical of the "dumb is cool" mood which is so prevalent these days.
      The Englishman says: "Just wash your hands after you've finished jacking off that greyhound please. We're hungry."

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by London Irish
      A fair point.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Commander
      Ooooh, I've never seen MB angry before!

I am not really angry. Just like to have a touch of depth from US rather than receive his protective condemnation and refusal to mention anything that doesn't show his torture and love for a beast that runs faster than another and how everyone is against him and it.
      Or how i am against him and it.

I do hate the real Spielberg though.

And today recovered enough to maybe seethe publicly.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Guinness Boy
      Guardian reader speak for having a sense of humour I presume?
      Sun reader universal excuse for lame comedy I presume?
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      LI is spot on. This was a respectful post for a great horse who died. He lived a full and happy life and 27 is a reasonable age. But just because he lived a reasonable age and had a happy life does that mean you are not meant to be upset at a creature who gave lots of joy and excitement in the prime of his career dying. If someone posts Aunty Ethel died she was 90, should I post ah well the worms will be happy and she lived to 90 so fecking what, stop moaning.

I will not be wearing a black armband and crying myself to sleep tonight, just sad to see a wonderful creature leave us. Whats the ****ing problem with that.
      Spielberg is GOD.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Man of Harveys
      Agreed. That's just so typical of the "dumb is cool" mood which is so prevalent these days.
      he hasn't called me that for months!
      he vuelto, o mejor dicho nunca me había ido!!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Will there be a minutes silence?