Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny v Brighton Supporters Match (players needed)

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
Donny v Brighton Supporters Match

Hi all, Donny fan here - just like to thank Bozza for his help with me registering to this board.

It was mentioned on one of our forums the other week by one of your fans, the possibility of a supporters match between Doncaster and Brighton, when we play you on 25th November at (H)ell Vue.

Considering the good relations between both sets of supporters, and the fact our chairman John Ryan has made this game a bit of an events day because of our Fans United history, then a football match in the morning between both sets of fans is also an ideal way to celebrate our first meeting in a long while.

Therefore, I was wondering if you are still interested in having a match with us in the morning at a venue somewhere in Doncaster. The possibility of a match has attracted a lot of interest on our forums and we're certainly "up for it" as the saying goes, so was wondering what your feelings are.

If you are all still seriously interested, then I should be able to find and book a pitch in Doncaster next week without too much difficulty.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Donny v Brighton Supporters Match

Rigoglioso said:

If you are all still seriously interested, then I should be able to find and book a pitch in Doncaster next week without too much difficulty.

Why not get in touch with the club and have it played at Belle Vue in the morning? Hardly likely but you dont know until you ask...and it would be a fitting Fans United type thing!

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
Haha. I'll have a go, but I don't think I'll get far.

It would be good if we could have a game. I'm not that bad a player myself.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hi

I posted the original suggestion on the Albion and Donny boards. It looks as if we can't raise a team at present, which is a real shame unless some late volounteers join the ranks.

We could have a table football tournament though :drink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What time would the kick-off be El Pres.

I might be able to play, if Hiney doesn't mind leaving early.

I also might be able to persuade my brother too. We are both fairly decent centre-halfs.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
i'd be up for a match, have to be around 12 k.o. though, give me time to get there from london town...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
bathseagull said:
i'd be up for a match, have to be around 12 k.o. though, give me time to get there from london town...

You'll just have to get up earlier! 12.00 KO would mean that after the game, nobody would get to the ground before about 2.30 by which time the away end could conceivably be full!

11.00am K.O. would seem about right. [And I have further to travel than you do!]

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
Hi all again,

At the Donny end then we are really wanting to play you. I've spoken to a mate of mine who runs the Retford branch of the DROS supporters club, and he knows people who can get football pitches to play on in Doncaster for that morning.

Also, then if all this does go ahead, then I've agreed to fund a buffet (which will probably be in the Viking Supporters Bar at the ground), after our supporters game.

Also, then the same mate of mine, Paul, is a qualified referee, so we won't have any problems finding a referee if necessary. Don't worry he's not biased - Honest :bowdown:

If it does go ahead, then kick-off would probably be about half eleven I would have guessed. That would allow time for about 30 - 35 minutes each way, and would also give us time to get to Belle Vue for the buffet, and we'd be there for about 1.00 - 1.30.

So, if you're interested in sending a team, let us know, and I'll start to make definate plans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rigoglioso said:
Hi all again,

At the Donny end then we are really wanting to play you. I've spoken to a mate of mine who runs the Retford branch of the DROS supporters club, and he knows people who can get football pitches to play on in Doncaster for that morning.

Also, then if all this does go ahead, then I've agreed to fund a buffet (which will probably be in the Viking Supporters Bar at the ground), after our supporters game.

Also, then the same mate of mine, Paul, is a qualified referee, so we won't have any problems finding a referee if necessary. Don't worry he's not biased - Honest :bowdown:

If it does go ahead, then kick-off would probably be about half eleven I would have guessed. That would allow time for about 30 - 35 minutes each way, and would also give us time to get to Belle Vue for the buffet, and we'd be there for about 1.00 - 1.30.

So, if you're interested in sending a team, let us know, and I'll start to make definate plans.

Sounds spot on. 35 min halfs might actually leave me some legs for my Sunday game too!

Come on people......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Count me IN, and I can get Padders to play too I am sure. We can easily get to Donny for 11am, although we are both in our mid 40's

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Me and other 2 could make it. Though would need a lift from someone as dont trust my car to get all the way to Doncaster!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Me and my brother are 35 / 36 and both still playing regularly. If this is going to be a goer, I will get on and ask him if he is interested.

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I could be in - I live in Leeds, so could be there early doors if necessary... I'm not a great player, but I used to play every week... I could easily do a job in goal, or in central defence....

Not always on the forum, so drop me a line on kevinsim@btinternet.com if i'm needed.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here