Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He'll have to wait till January, :dunce:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I shall reserve judgement until the full story comes out but IF he's leaving either a) because of McGhee going or b) because of Kuipers being given a chance, then he's mentalist.

Uncle Buck, I think you said a fair while ago that it was not sustainable that we had two very good keepers at the club both desperate for 1st team football and I dared to agree with you on this recently. Inevitable, no?

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SEE? MCGHEE'S FALLEN OUT WITH HENDERSON NOW!

Oh, hang on a minute .......

Law of unintended consequences strikes again.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Uncle Buck, I think you said a fair while ago that it was not sustainable that we had two very good keepers at the club both desperate for 1st team football and I dared to agree with you on this recently. Inevitable, no?

But Henderson is fairly unproven at first team level and if he goes anywhere else is he going to get first team football, he is young and keepers generally mature later.

You are correct that I did not see how we could have 4 professional keepers at the club, but by loaning Martin out for the season, that problem has been sorted in the medium term.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
WILKINS OUT!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Its that DK's fault...its all falling apart

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Might be getting cold-feet given his ambition and international prospects, but seems a little extreme after 1 game, especially seeing as the window has just shut. Personally I think opinion has to hinge on

a) what he's exactly said
b) what may have been said by the new coaching staff to him

He can't have been overly happy with the "Brighton's No.1" chants towards Kuipers at Millwall. A great deal of the fans here have not made him feel particularly welcome, particularly for an international keeper who could easily find a starting place a division above us.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well, if I were a professional goalkeeper and got left out for Michel Kuipers then I would want out of here too.

Uncle Buck said:
But Henderson is fairly unproven at first team level and if he goes anywhere else is he going to get first team football, he is young and keepers generally mature later.

A player making the No2 spot for the Republic probably thinks he deserves 1st team football, and the reality is there are plenty of young keepers in the top two leagues these days, never mind those lower down. I would think he's scared stiff about losing his international spot and is panicking. Let's hope we have someone capable of calming him down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here