Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Average attendance at the Goldstone...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
...22.9 million supporters overall attended the 2,174 games played by Brighton at the Goldstone Ground.

This gives an average home gate of 10,533 (well, 10,533.5).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Richie Morris said:
...22.9 million supporters overall attended the 2,174 games played by Brighton at the Goldstone Ground.

This gives an average home gate of 10,533 (well, 10,533.5).

I wouldn't have wanted to stand next to the 0.5 at all those games. Would have been well messy.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I thought if it was 0.5 or higher, you rounded up

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Plus the books were fiddled in the latter days.

Attendance figues quoted were questionable a lot of the time.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
...and many many kids were smuggled in by turnstile operators.

Is Ritchie trying in a subtle way to sugest that we dont need a 23,000 capacity stadium ?

:jester:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
jonny.rainbow said:
Attendance figues quoted were questionable a lot of the time.
Never more so than for the Fans United game - I'd love to know how many people were really there that day.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Never more so than for the Fans United game - I'd love to know how many people were really there that day.

They did open one of the gates to the North Stand and let a load in for free that day.

Got it on tape somewhere.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The last season that we averaged more than 10,000 per home game was in 1983 if my memory of the statistics serves me well.

I can't check because I haven't got my book with me but I am pretty sure that I am right. Where are the average 14,500 break even for Falmer, going to come from

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
The last season that we averaged more than 10,000 per home game was in 1983 if my memory of the statistics serves me well.

I can't check because I haven't got my book with me but I am pretty sure that I am right. Where are the average 14,500 break even for Falmer, going to come from

As cheery as ever, BG?!!

The same could be said for Reading - a club (pains me to say) that we should aspire to be like. Modern facilities, a range of ticket prices and decent football will more than likely boost attendances to break even. I have a feeling that 12,000 was the crowd quoted, anyway!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
ATTENDANCES.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
BensGrandad said:

Check any club that has moved into a new ground in the past 10 years and all have seen crowds rise by at least 30% and often more than 50%. New grounds for purists are usually crap out of town things with no atmosphere and lack of watering holes but do tend to bring in more casual supporters and families. I can easily see us averaging 15/16,000 if we ever got to Falmer, it would then be on the club to produce the football to make sure these people keep coming back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
crodonilson said:
Check any club that has moved into a new ground in the past 10 years and all have seen crowds rise by at least 30% and often more than 50%. New grounds for purists are usually crap out of town things with no atmosphere and lack of watering holes but do tend to bring in more casual supporters and families. I can easily see us averaging 15/16,000 if we ever got to Falmer, it would then be on the club to produce the football to make sure these people keep coming back.

Agreed. I believe IF we get Falmer interest will increase dramatically. Surely all of us know several people who are fed up with the Withdean experience but who would definitely turn up to five plus games a season if we had a proper ground.

My concern is that we can hang on until that happens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here