Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Vs Crawley FA cup

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Brighton Vs Crawly FA cup

Does anyone remember the time we played Crawley in the FA cup back at the Goldstone? It is one of my earliest memories of watching the Albion (I'd seen them a few times before that but not really been taking much notice, it was still early days in the brain washing process from my Dad)

My PE teacher was playing for Crawley (I think his name was Smith?) at the time and we stuffed them 4-0 (was it?) Virtually the whole of my school turned up to offer wanker jesters :tosser: towards him.

Crawley fans were spilling onto the pitch and had to be pushed back by the old bill.

Ahhh happy days :)

If anyone could fill in the details...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was 5-0, in front of 18,000 or so at the Goldstone.

I think Mark Gall scored one at least. A great day out, especially to silence all the Crawley townies who crawled out of the woodwork for the day (they had the whole East Terrace, which was probably triple their average crowd).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was in the with the Crawley lot getting crushed so the stewards moved all the kids/mums & dads to the north east terrace at the back. Classic game.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Just found out, it was 1992 FAC rd 3.

Apparently it holds the record for the most number of gate receipts? (whatever that means?)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The only things I really remember are a Chapman screamer, and Tony Towner playing for Crawley. The North Stand sang for Crawley at the end of the game...ah, the magnanimity possible when you've just stuffed somebody 5-0!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I played in a penalty shootout for the Junior seagulls before that game, scored none out of three. I was 10 the goalkeeper was 14. Comlpetely unfair and in front of the Nort Stand to boot.

5 nil.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Herne Hill Seagull said:
The only things I really remember are a Chapman screamer, and Tony Towner playing for Crawley. The North Stand sang for Crawley at the end of the game...ah, the magnanimity possible when you've just stuffed somebody 5-0!

So were Palace singing for Brighton when they stuffed you 5-0 last season?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Just remembered! My teacher was Steve Powell

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Palace weren't singing anything when they stuffed us 5-0. Nothing we could hear over ourselves anyway.

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
edna krabappel said:
It was 5-0, in front of 18,000 or so at the Goldstone.

I think Mark Gall scored one at least. A great day out, especially to silence all the Crawley townies who crawled out of the woodwork for the day (they had the whole East Terrace, which was probably triple their average crowd).
Triple? And the rest. Despite losing 5-0 it's a game many Reds will treasure for a long time. I'll remember it also for the fact we were in the Cup longer than Arsenal, albeit only for about 10 minutes.

Memory serves that more people watched that game than when you played host to Liverpool in the League Cup later on in the season.

Jul 21, 2003
memories wasnt there mounted police about yep Crawley fans everywhere dunno if Pal@rse wear in there too but it was like evryone and your aunt uncle the whole family wanted to be ther, they gave us a good game and i can say if they played us like the way we played FG Rovers then we could well finish second!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was there. Same day wrexham knocked out arsenal and everyone was singing 'out with the arsenal, your going out with the arsenal' and the crawley centre forward took it round our keeper and pushed it into the net and ran of celebrating in front of brighton fans, only for it to be stuck on the line and cleared....'you thought you had scored...you were wrong, you were wrong'

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I was there in the North-West terrace. Goldstone was packed and I spent most the game being smoked out by some old fool with a pipe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here