Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards signs for Sheffield United

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
£150k not really great if thats true. So within the space of a year in the championship being our top scorer he has lost £100k in value, how does that work? And the part about a new striker I will be amazed if we sign anybody decent enough to be League One worthy.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
That's what I thought I heard anyway but I can't guarantee it. My mate also though he heard Jonathan Forte mentioned so possibly a swap deal but again, this is just from eavesdropping rather than anything reliable.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I still recon its a shame.

Ah well....onwards and upwards ( hopefully)

Tooting Gull said:
It's pretty obvious the bid is less than they fear fans are expecting. McGhee wants him out so much

I'm not sure that's true - he has repeatedly stated he did not want him to go and in fairly categorical terms. It's the board that sanction these moves and I wonder if they just lost their nerve and took what cash was going.

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
London Irish said:
I have to say if that's true, it's rotten business, but I'll wait to hear the official figure before properly having a hernia :(
I'm on my second one, i don't recommend them.:nono:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Jim in the West said:
Bugger....I think CKR has the chance to make it. It's interesting that we've now "lost" three players to Premiership or Championship sides:

CKR, Jarrett, and Carole.

Also interesting that all of them were signed by McGhee.

McGhee may have signed them but he wasn't playing 2 of them regularly enough. I am also concerned about the Frutos situation, why is McGhee not playing him?

Oct 25, 2003
brighton rock said:
big loss looked a reasonable player for the future:nono:

potentially yes, too much of a billy big nuts though and probably not worth the time or money

he's not on very much money, and has only ever played for brighton and bury- f*** knows where his ego has come from!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
O Lads said:
£150k not really great if thats true. So within the space of a year in the championship being our top scorer he has lost £100k in value, how does that work?

We only paid £55k for him, plus £45k based on appearances. The other £150k is his wages over the life of the contract

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what happens to the money we got to pay his wages - do we hand it back or can it be used to fund another player ?

We haven't used it all yet.

O Lads said:
£150k not really great if thats true. So within the space of a year in the championship being our top scorer he has lost £100k in value, how does that work? And the part about a new striker I will be amazed if we sign anybody decent enough to be League One worthy.

No he's gained a bit from the £55k-£100k we paid Bury. But with the small Bury sell-on, we are talking a gain of at most £40k to £80k. Which is shit (if the figure really is £150k).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yet another cracking bit of business by the club so it would seem.

:nono:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
London Irish said:
You can have you apology before then :) Sorry Bakesy for doubting your source.
Accepted.:lolol:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Beach Hut said:
So what happens to the money we got to pay his wages - do we hand it back or can it be used to fund another player ?

We haven't used it all yet.

Can be used for another player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here