Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just heard that Kaz has been dropped from the squad tonight altogether. Might have something to do with my mate seeing him hand the manager a letter on saturday after the game?

Having just had lengthy conversations with other 'interested' parties it appears VERY clearly that Kaz is devastated to have got to the stage where his future at the club in under consideration. I understand that decisions have been reached with a very heavy heart and evidently all attempts from his agents, representatives and family (and yes they are 3 separate entities) to contact the club prior to decisions being made have fallen on deaf ears, as no-one has returned any calls.. and on one recent occasion, his agent was advised that the club would contact them "when they see fit to."

Colin does NOT want to leave, but because certain things have gone on, it seems his career is in danger if things don't change. He is not the 'flash big time charlie' that people have made him out to be at all - he is a sensible good lad and one helluva talented individual who we are about to lose because so many things going on are just WRONG. I hope the full details of these will be revealed in time, but i've got enough integrity not to be making it up.

I understand that things don't always work out in life and even moreso in football... but the biggest disappointment to me is - as mentioned above - that apparently the people at the club who promised to look after him and nurture him (bearing in mind he is still only 19) are not even prepared to return calls to his representatives after several bids to try to resolve these matters.

I'm just any other fan, I was just dead lucky to fall into the spotlight.. and I have no influence... but people who know me - or have come to know me know that ALL I want what is right for my club and for fairness, decency and common sense to take place. Maybe i'm asking too much from the business that is football.

My place in Brighton's history is there forever and i'll always be proud of that, but i'm gutted and devastated that this wonderful thing is turning so sour. It's in freefall unless people do the decent thing and resolve matters.
I'm a fair guy - i'll admit that I haven't heard the club's side of the story, but with the amount of smoke i've seen and heard lately, the fire is clearly massive. Even I tried on occasion last season to contact the club with concerns.. but didn't get a reply. In fact there are people on this board who think I'm in constant liaison with the club because of the win and also that I got a variety of 'freebies'... I didn't - and frankly even if they'd been offered I would have politely declined them because I know this club is struggling to even survive and I for one wouldn't want to participate in assisting that struggle... to this very end it saddens me greatly that a great talent - a young lad - feels it would be better for his career and his wellbeing if he moved elsewhere.

I'm gutted and hacked off.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
:(

speaking to his brother at the worthing game he told me that he really felt for the club.

shame, he is a real talent

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Very intresting , would explain what appeared to be a lack of intrest on saturday.

Is Mcghee one of the reasons?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
:ohmy:

I've criticised his performances on here, but obviously a lot of things have gone on behind the scenes.

Despite my criticism I will be sad to see him go, he has a lot of talent and I'd have loved to see him fulfill his potential here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Look Aaron I guess you are gutted as you helped to bring the guy into the club but this may be clouding your judgement.

The guy aint that good. I for one will not be bothered if CK-R leaves the club. He is not this great footballer you make him out to be. He has had " potential " for 12 months now, well its about bloody time he showed it.

He has always had a dodgy attitude and appears to think he is better than he is. 6 goals in the championship, wowee, top scorer , so what, 6 goals is poor by any strikes standards. Its not like he banged in 20 for us.

I have been scratching my head as to this " potential " as I have seen very little of it. If he wants out, if he thinks he is better than this club, if he cannot be bothered to put in 100% which most times he doesn't, goodbye and good luck.

Shame as he is meant to be a great bloke when he doesn't step onto the football pitch. Maybe he's in the wrong job.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is sad news if he moves on. A real talent that we risk losing. :(

Kinky, I don't think CKR and Leon are comparable at this stage. Leon should have learned a lot more having been at some high profile clubs and playing for much longer than Colin, plus he was given a lot of chances.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Blah, blah, blah.

He could have proved himself to management AND fans by running his socks off on Saturday.

But he sulked instead.

Thanks for 'everything' Kaz. See ya!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where is this real talent. Emporers new clothes. There are 30 strikers in Div 1 better than CK-R.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
This is sad news if he moves on. A real talent that we risk losing. :(

Kinky, I don't think CKR and Leon are comparable at this stage. Leon should have learned a lot more having been at some high profile clubs and playing for much longer than Colin, plus he was given a lot of chances.

Without wanting to go back into it again, new season and all.

CKR has been given a fair few chances, and at least Leon offered something at this level.

What does it matter about the clubs you were at?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Reading between the lines, i would say negotiations with one or more bidders are ongoing,so that is that.
We won't see him in an Albion shirt again.
Ipswich made it clear they were after him, and there are others, so i expect an announcement in the near future.
But in all honesty, i would much rather have a team of Alex Revells who give 100% and are proud to wear the Stripes, even if they don't have CKR's ability.
No big loss i'm afraid.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blah, blah, blah.

He could have proved himself to management AND fans by running his socks off on Saturday.

But he sulked instead.

Thanks for 'everything' Kaz. See ya!

NAIL HEAD.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Every single thing Jam the Man has told me about CKR seems to make sense, all very sad but it seems that him leaving is the only way he can really get back to concentrating on football again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We may stitch some club up and get £ 400 k for an average player again like we did with Harding. Ipswich seem to fall for it every time.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Didn't we get him as a result of all sorts of things going on behind the scenes at Bury (racism, bullying etc)? Seem to remember link to a Bury message board on which his father had posted real reasons he wanted out of there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here