Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 New Forwards... according to SC...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sir Stevie wants two new forwards as his top priority... any ideas?... who should we go after?... realistic suggestions, please!...

Thank you...

How about Jamie Cureton?... Tony Rougier?... Luke Rodgers?...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Regardless of other comments Rougier IMHO would be a very good signing for us.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Ben Burgess?

Attachments

• Brighton & Hove Albion v Bristol City.jpg
    Brighton & Hove Albion v Bristol City.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,046

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Dick Tight is the chairman so i'll go with...

Daniel Marney & Shaun Wilkinson as our strikers :lolol:

ARS Forever :clap:

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
You would think by now the idiot geeks on this forum would realise that we have a potless twat as our chairman and so we will be making no new signings and certainly all the time Dirty Dick is in charge we will never pay a transfer fee.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trigger said:
Dick Tight is the chairman so i'll go with...

Daniel Marney & Shaun Wilkinson as our strikers :lolol:

ARS Forever :clap:

Absolutely Ernie - keep taking the tablets my son

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
E Block Ernie said:
You would think by now the idiot geeks on this forum would realise that we have a potless twat as our chairman and so we will be making no new signings and certainly all the time Dirty Dick is in charge we will never pay a transfer fee.

Blushes badly - let's try that one again, apologies Trigger blame it on the new format !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Damn!... it was going so well... agree about Rougier, although worried about his likely lack of goals... Ben Burgess would be great... where is he now?...

E Block Ernie - thank you for your constructive comments... my bet is something will happen in the way of signings before the fans forum... if not, then I bow to your superior cynicism... no hat eating on offer!...

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Rougier is a demon in Division Two:

We left him out after Chesterfield at home 1/12/01. And then he came back when we had injuries in January 2002. The results were:

Cardiff (A) 2-2
Wrexham (A) 2-0
Port Vale (H) 2-0
QPR (H) 1-0
Huddersfield (A) 1-0
Blackpool (H) 3-0
Wigan (A) 2-0
Colchester (H) 3-0

When playing up front.

Then we put him on the wing, and as you very well know, the rest is history. From a 15 point lead to 2nd place.

If played right, he can do well. Just don't expect any goals from him, and you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
WiltsRoyal said:
Rougier is a demon in Division Two:

We left him out after Chesterfield at home 1/12/01. And then he came back when we had injuries in January 2002. The results were:

Cardiff (A) 2-2
Wrexham (A) 2-0
Port Vale (H) 2-0
QPR (H) 1-0
Huddersfield (A) 1-0
Blackpool (H) 3-0
Wigan (A) 2-0
Colchester (H) 3-0

When playing up front.

Then we put him on the wing, and as you very well know, the rest is history. From a 15 point lead to 2nd place.

If played right, he can do well. Just don't expect any goals from him, and you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Ah yes, I remember that season. It was a cracker. Shame your little form guide stopped just short of a memorable February night, as comprehensive a 3-1 cuffing as I've ever seen. And I do believe Mr Rougier started that game as well. I think that's the best all-round game I've seen Bobby play, though I didn't see too many last season.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Tooting Gull said:
Ah yes, I remember that season. It was a cracker. Shame your little form guide stopped just short of a memorable February night, as comprehensive a 3-1 cuffing as I've ever seen. And I do believe Mr Rougier started that game as well. I think that's the best all-round game I've seen Bobby play, though I didn't see too many last season.

I think the words "caned" and "weren't even in it" are appropriate. I was at Uni in Nottingham at the time and had a RFC-supporting mate updating me on the scores while I stayed in the bar. "1-0", "2-0 now", "3-0". I told him to f*** off after that. :(

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Tooting Gull said:
I was in amsterdam that night for england v holland with 60 reading boys and had goal flashes on the phone and they was well fu-ked off ha ha.
The next day they was even more pissed off when they found out 100 bristol boys and 30 oxford grouped up and where set to get us ha ha,so they all bolted off fast quality.:lolol: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup2

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
berkshire seagull said:
Dick has no money for us thats for sure!
zammo 100k and pitcher 50k since he has been chairman!:shootself :shootself :shootself

We've also paid for DC (£50k I think) and Brooker (£25k). Not sure of who else but pretty sure that DK bought these 2.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
dont forget Rod Thomas, but didnt we pay for him?
:dunce:
I think Pitcher was 75k
we also bought with transfer fees..
Andy Crosby(10k),Darren Carr(25k),Paul Watson(10K), and Charlie Oatway(10K), not forgetting Danny Cullip(50K) and Paul Brooker(25K), and Bobby Zamora(100k) as mentioned earlier, there was also Andy Arnott while we were at Gillingham(20k), and Mark Walton(25k).

just incase you were interested

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here