Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Not heard it.

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I listened to Tubular Bells for the first time (all the way through, well part I anyway) last night and again this morning.

I never realised what utter genius it was! This is going to be in my car for some time I think.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Never listened to it which is odd considering I actually have it in my CD collection (which is even odder)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Absolute Genius-if anything a bit long (possibly the longest single ever released ???)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
surrey jim said:
Absolute Genius-if anything a bit long (possibly the longest single ever released ???)

It's an album not a single.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
surrey jim said:

The UK single release was an edited version which had a running time of just over 4 minutes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glockenspiel being just one of the many instruments he plays, in fact he played them all on this album.

Bit of trivia - This album was hawked around most record companies who turned it down, eventually Virgin released it and urban myth has it that this is the record that launched tone deaf Branson to the heights he continues to attain.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Icy Gull said:
Glockenspiel being just one of the many instruments he plays, in fact he played them all on this album.

Bit of trivia - This album was hawked around most record companies who turned it down, eventually Virgin released it and urban myth has it that this is the record that launched tone deaf Branson to the heights he continues to attain.
It was the first ever record to be launched by Virgin Records.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where's the option for "played to death" can't bear to hear it anymore?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
"Two slightly distorted guitars..."

:bowdown:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Quite stunning when it first came out, totally amazing but, a bit dated now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here