Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comon problems with new board..

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Email problem

A few problems with NSC. Hopefully you'll find your answers in here.

Okay, I am receiving emails constantly even though I have selected no 'email' option for replies to my thread.
How do I stop the emails arriving as its starting to get on my breasts?<_<

Edited by Turkey

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I had the same problem last night even tho i selected no email thingy aswell, but it seemed to stop when i closed NSC then opened it again, that might help?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Have a look at your user options and check all the tick boxes carefully. You want the No button ticked next to the option along the lines of: send me an email in threads in which I have participated.

Anyone else got this problem?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Turkey, I orginally selected yes, then changed it to no for this question:

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Took Triggers advice and logged off computer (and NSC). Opened up a few hours later - with no emails inbox = :clap:

However since I have been back logged on - been inundated with emails - even though I changed it to no.

Anyway of stopping notification via email from that thread?- otherwise I may have to block address. As its a shitty hotmail account could overload my box!?!??

Course if the thread was a shitty one and no=one replied that the problem ceases.........

Ta

Attachments

• MaxSandersShoreham.jpg
    MaxSandersShoreham.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 57

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Turkey said:
Anyone else got this problem?

Yip Jaap...I'm afraid I have.

If you untick the boxes you still get the e-mails. I had to unsubscribe from the threads, what with around 50 emails sent to me regarding "the person above you" every time someone posts an extra one.

Attachments

• Give-a.gif
    Give-a.gif
    22 KB · Views: 1,093

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes I clocked up 48 and wondered what had happened - though I had committed some crime until I twigged.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I won't guarentee this as anywhere near accurate but I think you will find that any post you made with it ticked as yes (before you changed the default setting to no) you will still get emails cos its still ticked as please do, not please dont. So if you posted in a "popular" thread you can expect them for years to come unless someone deletes your message I think.

Any thread where you now post with it unticked will no longer do that.

It may be better if the default options on the board are no rather than yes and let the user choose if they want them or not.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Marvin has hit the nail on the head but you can stop the emails by unsubscribing to the threads. Which is done through 'usercp'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Although I think I have set it up correctly when I go to the site I don't auto log in.

Any ideas ???????????

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else having problems logging out?

Have tried everything I can think of for stopping the board keeping me logged in but nothing works.

I click log out it says all cookies cleared go back to the main board and I am still logged in (I have tried unticking the keep me logged in option in cp).

It seems to be a IE problem as I can log in OK with opera and log out.

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Seems we have opposite problems BH!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm sorted now

:thumbsup2 :clap:

Paying the bills