Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flooding at Brockley just got home............

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That was just one of the excuses I got last night;

There were two trains broken down, a person on the track at Crystal Palace and a lorry hitting a railway bridge ...as well as the aforementioned flooding. Took me three and a quarter hours to get home.

I reckon that Southern, FCC and Network Rail have employed someone to think up excuses.

I fully expect there to be a plague of locusts over Croydon, an alien invasion in Redhill and a 30ft dinosaur on the line at Wivelsfield tonight.

Albion Rob

Is it me or has it got worse the last couple of months?

Also, I hate the automated messges which claim to be 'extremely sorry for the severe delay' winds me up event more, that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Albion Rob said:
Is it me or has it got worse the last couple of months?

Also, I hate the automated messges which claim to be 'extremely sorry for the severe delay' winds me up event more, that.

It definitely has. Four out of my five last journeys home have taken more than three hours (four hours in one case).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We were lucky! got the 5:30 odd Three Bridges train from LB to East Croydon and then the 5:32 Littlehampton train started at EC and was empty. It was 17 minutes late at EC and 6 minutes late at Porstlade...the driver drove like the wind!!!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Gwylan said:
It definitely has. Four out of my five last journeys home have taken more than three hours (four hours in one case).

Don't know about your journey but for me, London Bridge to Shoreham has been pretty good lately. Last nght was my first problem for quite a while. Aimed for the 17:32 from LB and got home 1/2 hour late. A bit painful but not too bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here