Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Palios

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Mark Palios

Where did he come from? Why is the FA screwing up Englands chances? Is Palios part Turkish? The whole Ferdinand and Campbell cases have been handled so badly. England players threatening to walkout of the match. Why now has all this crap come out in the last few days why not last week or next week.
Who is Palios and what the hell is he doing?

Jan Knott

Jul 7, 2003
Canterbury
Agreed.

Rio has been very stupid and should be punished, but his case should have been dealt with immediately so any fine/ban would already have been imposed and would not disrupt the England preparations this week.

Even worse, the idots at the FA have had weeks to deal with Sol, but they call him for a tribunal on a day when he should have been training with England - particularly when he hasn't played for a while. Surely this could have waited till next week!

Do they want us to win on Saturday?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bollocks. It wasn't Palios that leaked Ferdinand's name. It's also been reported that the FA organised a meeting to try to deal with the Ferdinand case before it got to the public domain but Rio and the Manure reps didn't turn up.

When Palios took over he said that he'd come down hard on drugs and he's kept his word; why should he be blamed. If he hadn't acted, fans (including people on this board) would have said that Man Utd were being favoured. Looks like Palios and the FA can't win.

This should be put into perspective: it wasn't the FA who failed the drugs test, it was Ferdinand (and not turning up counts as failure in the FA rule book). Shouldn;'t the question be, what was Ferdinand doing just a week before a crucial game?

Asking whether Palios is Turkish is just plain stupid.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
This morning i thought were FA were being idiots yet again.However i have read the Times newspaper article and now think they they are doing the right thing in trying to be leaders in fairness,sportsmanship and civility.Things that made the country great.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can guarantee that if, say, Alpay had missed his drugs test he would be playing on Saturday. The Turkish FA would see to that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Agreed, Rio has been an idiot, why did he leave the training ground when he knew he was up for a test?

The FA in this instance cannot be blammed, and I thought that the guy was part Greek.

I think England will win comfortably on Sat, Ferdinand is a twat and pretty much deserves all he gets, England won't miss him.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
for once the F.A are doing the RIGHT thing, Rio missed the drugs test, which in the F.A,s rule book ,he has broken their rules.

something important as a drugs test CANNOT be forgotton!!
and needs to be delt with accordingly.
some guy on radio 2 phone-in made a good point ,he said he works for british rail and if he forgot to go to a drugs test he would be sacked instantly!

premiershite players think their a cut above and can do what they like, you can bet your life he wouldnt forget to turn up for a million pound sponsership signing!!!

the england players saying they wont play on saturday will help nobody, the FA will not back down on this.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Superphil said:
Agreed, Rio has been an idiot, why did he leave the training ground when he knew he was up for a test?

The FA in this instance cannot be blammed, and I thought that the guy was part Greek.

I think England will win comfortably on Sat, Ferdinand is a twat and pretty much deserves all he gets, England won't miss him.

I agree. There's no excuse for missing a drugs test and if Ferdinand gets away wiht it it will make a farce of the whole procedure.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
At last, some sense on the matter.

Can you imagine the outrage there would be if the tabloids found out that a Turkish player had got away with what is basically cheating like that? These cretinous players talking about striking are shameful. Yet again - as in wine bars up and down the country when there's no training the next day - a set of Premiership players think they're above the law.

AND: for the first time ever, the FA acts like a sport's governing body should and, surprise, the multimillionaire prima donnas don't like it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
1/Why was this brought up this week. It was known about two weeks sgo.
2/Even if they didn't leak the name at first, why did they have a press conferance naming Ferdinand
3/How come the drugs inspectors allowed Ferdinand to leave the training ground. They are supposed to stay with the player until a sample is given.
4/Ferdinand has not been found guilty of anything yet and passed a drugs test 2 days later when they could catch up with the inspectors. Why ban him when he's not been found guilty of anything. He did pass a drugs test.
5/Why did a Man City player have the same situation and gave a sample 24 hours later and was let off with a slap on the wrist.

Not to mention bringing Sol Campbell up for a disiplinary hours before he is to fly to Turkey.

Palios has gone nuts and had ample time to deal with Ferdinand and Campbell. Why now???

Crack down on drugs by all means but in this way and now, its out of order. I can understand why the players are pissed off. The FA are ruling with an Iorn Fist and are alienating themselves from the PFA the Football clubs/managers and more importantly the players. At a time when solidarity is needed more than ever. The team have to go to one of the hardest places to get a result in the world without their fans and the support of their own governing body.
Palios this is not good enough.

Players are threatening to strike, there has to be more to this story than has been released. They England players must know something we don't.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When I first heard about it I thought he must be clean if he passed a test two days later. But apparently certain illegal drugs can easily pass through his system in 48 hours so there's no guarantee he wasn't hiding something.

I'd suggest Man United are as responsible as anyone. THey can organise a multi billion poind marketing operation in Singapore but can't even ensure one of their own players turns up for a scheduled drugs test? Then they can't get hold of him...apparently he was shopping.

Good one Rio, jeopardise your career for a new shirt. We have to be realistic, if it was a Turkish player in the same boat, everyone would be calling for him to be banned. The England players are idiots, he has done wrong whether intentional or not, they need to get on with it and concentrate on the game. The fans would soon show them what they thought if the team go through with their ludicrous strike protest.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
f*** THIS

its about time we had someone in charge who isnt a 'yes' man.

The fact is, Rio had broken rules- he knew he had a drugs test, he didnt go. pure and simple, face the f***ing penalty rio!!

p.s he aint as good as terry anyway!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here