Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Middlesex

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex v Middlesex (Day 1)

County Championship D1, Horsham: Sussex v Middlesex
Match starts 1100 BST Wednesday

Championship leaders Sussex will again be without batsman Michael Yardy for the game against Middlesex at Horsham.

Yardy is recovering from a dislocated finger and his absence could mean an opportunity for youngster Ollie Rayner, who recently hit 101 against Sri Lanka.

Middlesex will be without New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris, who has been granted paternity leave after his wife gave birth to a daughter.

Seamer Mohammad Ali and slow left-armer Chris Peploe are in a squad of 12.

And there's live commentary too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2005/10/12/live_commentaries_feature.shtml

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I see the logic of bringing Rayner in, Horsham is a bit of a spinners wicket normally BUT it does weaken the batting even more i think, fair enough he got 101 v Sri Lanka but he's never hit a 50 before... Having said that, the Sussex coaching staff actually know what they are doing so I trust them fully on this.

:clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Trigger said:
I see the logic of bringing Rayner in, Horsham is a bit of a spinners wicket normally BUT it does weaken the batting even more i think, fair enough he got 101 v Sri Lanka but he's never hit a 50 before... Having said that, the Sussex coaching staff actually know what they are doing so I trust them fully on this.

It is a bit worrying though: our batting hasn't really fired this year and it seems a bit of a risk to bring in another bowler.

I think the problem is that the 2nd XI has hardly played so no-one can see whether Turk or Nash are in any sort of form. Robbo's only really had the Sri Lanka game to go on and you can't really argue against picking a bloke who scored a ton.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
looking forward to this one...

normally get a good pitch at Horsham so shouldn't be over in two days

have a strong feeling that MONTY will get big runs in this game

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Moshe Gariani said:
looking forward to this one...

normally get a good pitch at Horsham so shouldn't be over in two days

have a strong feeling that MONTY will get big runs in this game

Doesn't Monty like Horsham? I have a feeling that he's scored a couple of tons for us there.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Trigger said:

Last Saturday he got 69* for Eastbourne against East Grinstead who had Vasbert Drakes opening the bowling, so at least hes in good form.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have we won yet? ??? :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Gwylan said:
Doesn't Monty like Horsham? I have a feeling that he's scored a couple of tons for us there.
more than likely... to be fair, most batsmen have liked Horsham over the years - with dry weather forecast, this should be the week when things move on from the two-man team lowscoring stuff... hope we still get the same result though :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex won the toss and elected to bat first

COME ON SUSSEX !!!!!!

Sussex team:
RR Montgomerie, CD Hopkinson, MW Goodwin, *CJ Adams,
RSC Martin-Jenkins, +MJ Prior, OP Rayner, LJ Wright,
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mushtaq Ahmed, JD Lewry.

Middlesex team:
ET Smith, *BL Hutton, OA Shah, EC Joyce, JWM Dalrymple,
NRD Compton, +BJM Scott, CB Keegan, J Louw, CEW Silverwood,
S Mohammad Ali.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
7/0

Hoppo 6*
Monty 0*
Leg Bye 1*

The volume on the com is so bloody low even with my knob turned right up... I say!

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Trigger said:
The volume on the com is so bloody low even with my knob turned right up... I say!
fine here...no need to fiddle with my knob at all...

Hoppo is a run machine
Monty is settling in for a big one

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Trigger said:

I thought it was just me. No doubt he'll blame it on his poor commentray position by the toilets, which he's spent most of the morning whingeing on about.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
bhafc99 said:
I thought it was just me. No doubt he'll blame it on his poor commentray position by the toilets, which he's spent most of the morning whingeing on about.
yeah, he's a right twat...

"pushed back to Keegan by the batsman..." at least keep up with who's on strike...:angry:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yorkshire Puddings

13-3 having won the toss and batted against Hampshite :nono:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Come on Sussex:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here