Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FORTY NOTES QUIZ NIGHT - Thursday 29 June **DETAILS HERE**

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seeing as Trigger is a stalker of the wierdest kind, and he wouldn't leave me alone about this, and seeing as we need some new players, I thought we'd better have another one of these...

FORTY NOTES QUIZ NIGHT
Paganini Room, The Old Ship Hotel, Kings Road, Brighton.
Thursday 29 June, 8.00pm

The ballroom has its own side entrance in Ship Street, so you won't upset the hotel guests.

• Teams of up to six
• £5 per person entry
• Great prizes which we, um, haven't nicked yet
• Raffle
• Late bar til 12

The room caters for about 150. Hopefully, we can get a similar amount in. Previous quizzes have been with around 100 or so people but seemed a little squashed, so this time it should seem a little airier. This does not clash with any World Cup matches, nor Sussex cricket, nor the horse racing.

You know the sort of thing we do - it's great fun. Watch Chapman's The Savious get fleeced for a Tony Gubba-signed football - again. 'Binner to Winners' are the current holders - that's Coxy and Rougvie if memory serves. How about it? Want to defend your crown?

All profits go to the Forty Notes Fund, which goes to the club to help acquire loan players or assist with transfer fees or salaries. In the past, the Forty Notes Fund has let us have Dave Beasant, Tony Rougier and Ben Roberts. Can you help acquire our next much needed striker? Or left-back?

Anyone fancy it? :wave:

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I was on the winning team last year... :clap2:

Yes ALAN, i will be very interested if i can drag myself off the couch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Count me in...can I do the MC'ing or is that your domain Alan

LOL

Anyone want a useless knowall for their team, I am your man

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Who fancies starting a Philosan team ? (The over forties know what I mean).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What type of QUESTIONS are they ? Are there different rounds for music, science & nature, sport etc etc ? Is there a picture round ? Are we allowed to touch people ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Let's hope that this time, our music industry expert gets a few of the pop music questions right. :jester:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
What type of QUESTIONS are they ? Are there different rounds for music, science & nature, sport etc etc ? Is there a picture round ? Are we allowed to touch people ?
It's a quiz night, not a night of British Bulldog. Although...

*strokes chin and considers alternative fundraising wheeze*

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
After my huge success at the last one, where I spectacularly won a child's t-shirt in the raffle, I will definitely be in attendance for this one. I am starting recruitment on my team now:clap2:

the answer is a big fat YES

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here