Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Has to be Cattlin

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
Gritt's sacking was justified, Chris Cattlin's certainly was not.
How, he won 3 in 30 something as did McGhee?...

:jester:

Agree with Chris Cattlin though.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Chris Cattlin by a mile.

And I still believe to this day that we had the next Brian Clough on our hands, if he wasn't shafted, I strongly believe we would have been a top Division One side (now premiership), within a year or two, and probably still there now.

The man who was responable of sacking Chris Cattlin, was the man who started the decline of Brighton & Hove Albion Football CLub, and is a 100% genuine xxxx

1066gull

when rumours came round mcghee was gonna be sacked because of the board split, i felt it was a bit unfair on him even though i wanted him, and still want him gone.

cannot really make a decision on this lot as all of them apart from 1 are to long ago for me to remember or it was because i wasnt even born.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sad thing about Cattlin was how much passion for the game and the club he seemed to keep for years after that sacking. I wondered into his rock shop on FA Cup 3rd round day and the great man spent about half an hour reminiscing about his cup exploits as a player and a manager, much to the bemusement of my then American g/f. As has been said, a tragic, stupid loss.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Adriodinho said:
i felt it was a bit unfair on him even though i wanted him, and still want him gone.

Are you on glue again Audrey?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
vulture said:
Has to be gritt

Despite my deep love for the man, it's not Gritt, it simply HAS to be Chris Catlin. I even went on a protest march about his sacking.

He discovered Dean Saunders, we had a great season, QF of the FA Cup, but we sacked him! Brighton through and through, scandalous. I'm angry thinking about it now.

Then we got Barry Lloyd ... :thud:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He now owns (and I think did then) a printing company in Southwick, a company the firm I used to work for sent plenty of work to.

I have chatted with him a couple of times - mainly over when I did the Umer Rashid Memorial Match programme - and he seemed perfectly amiable. Didn't raise the sacking of Cattlin, though. Cattlin took the club to court, and won. Or rather, it went to court, but they settled 'out of court'.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Large One said:
He now owns (and I think did then) a printing company in Southwick, a company the firm I used to work for sent plenty of work to.

I think they are the one by the station aren't they? By the flats, next to the bridge, Worthing side of Southwick Station.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Trigger said:
How, he won 3 in 30 something as did McGhee?...

:jester:

Agree with Chris Cattlin though.

Trigger,Gritt saved us had to move on his 4 best players to cut costs,could bring in no new players,I thought it was the only time that Dick Knight was out of order as chairman when he sacked gritt

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Where is Steve Gritt now? Still at Millwall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here