Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 5 - The Results

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would like to thank everyone who came along to the game and for supporting the fund.

About 75 paying customers on the night plus 40 or so u 15's and 20 or so before 6.30 pm made the crowd approximately 135. Although the crowd was a bit down on previous years bear in mind Southwick Fc 1st team get an average gate of 40.

We made a good profit on the raffle when Lester somehow managed to sell about 230 strips. :bowdown:

The evening went very well with good weather, a good game with an exciting finish and the trophy staying in Brighton infact Richard's front room as we speak.

The final takings are around £ 1200 which will make a good profit for the fund. If we can hold this game every year and everyone has a great night and also make a reasonable profit that is fantastic.

We have some auction items but plan to do an on line auction around September.

Can I thank Southwick FC Barry Noonan, The officials, Alan , TLO for the programme and arranging the officials, Roz and Ed for the flyers and photographs, Dave for the pa ( Dies Irae ), John ( Everest for his help, Lester Orman for the raffle sales, Kay ( Lush for doing the gate, Simon ( Virgo's haircut ), Yorkie, The Brighton team and Fatboy (Andy) the Palace team and Kevin Risby, Ricky Marlowe and Dick Knight for coming aong to watch the game.

Thanks to those who gave donations and items. The Eatons had a fantastic night and want to thank everyone, they are looking forward to REMF 6 and Ricky has said he will be down again.

All in all a good night and a profiable one for the fund.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Well done all involved.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With all the players , the bar area had 150 odd people at the end which made a great atmosphere with a good banter. The presentations and raffle went without a hitch. How great Laura won the signed shirt, she is giving it to one of her grand children.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Uncle Spielberg - great event :clap:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Edward Scissorhands said:
And good to see a Brighton team that actually cared :clap:
... and scored!

Good effort everyone.

:clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
forgive me for being rather new to the community, and i know who RE is, but what does the money go towards, and is there a way i can contribute financially???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Springal said:
forgive me for being rather new to the community, and i know who RE is, but what does the money go towards, and is there a way i can contribute financially???

PM Uncle Spielberg - all the money has been put back in community football projects - one in New York where Robert worked and lived but more recently locally including the club I run ASC Strikers in Shoreham.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Hey all - wanted to say sorry for my absense, and well done to everyone who organised everything. Hope everyone had a great night, and i hope that i can be at the next one, i was thinking of all of you at the time!!!!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Lester Orman is a LEGEND! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(used to be the manager of my old team, we lost every week but he kept the faith, good man. wants me to play for him next seasom but I need to concerntrate on my education)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nice work Glover, top job.

Thanks Chappers, I can't remember if I introduced you to my girlfriend ??? , she is in one of the photo's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here