Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 5 - Friday 12 May 2005

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
REMF 5 this Friday - Please read this message.

Hello all.

It is the 5th match of the Robert Eaton Memorial Trophy on Friday 12th May, 7.30 pm at Southwick FC.

This fund was borne from the terrorist attacks on 11/9/01 when Robert Eaton an avid Brighton & Hove Albion supporter was tragically one of the 67 Britons who died that terrible day.

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund was set up primarily from members of North Stand Chat following a thread about the events when it was decided a charity match should be held to honour Robert's memory and raise money for children to learn to play football in Robert's memory. Our rivals Crystal Palace FC supporters came forward and offered help and we decided to stage the game against them.

The first game at Southwick FC on 9/11/01 saw a crowd of 1000 people turn up, the second highest gate in the history of Southwick FC. In the first few weeks £ 25000 was generated.

Los Peladitos a football academy of 250 Hispanic children from 5-16 who are financially deprived and struggling to exist received in 2002 , 250 shirts and 130 footballs and other items from the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund. The moment when we vistied them in 2002 , walking across the fields and we could start to make out the REMF Seagull logo on 250 childrens chests was a moment no one will forget. I felt immense pride on behalf of NSC and BHAFC supporters. I am sure Ed and Roz will agree. It was the moment when weeks of work and effort from hundreds of people came to fruition and NSC can be immensely proud of this achievement.

Since then we have given 2 more years support to Los Peladitos and also funded Fishersgate, Portslade Athletic, King George United and ASC Strikers , all local Brighton area clubs for youngsters to play football in Robert's memory.

We are also endeavouring to support a club in Croydon as recognition of the fantastic efforts of our friends from Croydon.

This is a collective effort and will continue to be so. This is a plea for everyone who can make it to come to the game on Friday as this is our main annual fund raising event and without this and the help of dozens of people the fund will cease to exist.

Thanks for reading.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Can we all go kick the crap out of the Southwick Soldiers afterwarda:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Headcount

Me, Fiona and 3, Mum and Dad, 4 work colleagues, Lester

= 11

Who is coming and how many ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing