Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really LAME claims to fame

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Bluejuice said:
How have you managed to post that twice, with a 30 minute gap in between doing so?

Internet at work had a temporary cock up. Tried to go back to a previous page and hit the page where I entered the post. Oops.

I had coffee with Timothy Leary, who lived around the corner from me.

I bumped into Andy Warhol (neither of us were watching where we were going) in a night club in downtown LA.

I worked out at a gym in the same room as Arnold (when he was just another Iron Pumper)

Cher's sis is a friend (not seen her for years though, she moved out of town)

NMH said:
I had coffee with Timothy Leary, who lived around the corner from me.

My economics teacher was Timothy O'Leary and he claimed to be David's cousin - kept on at me to get tickets for the 97 cup game with Arsenal though - never did explain why David wouldn't give him some.

I was ballboy at the Goldstone for a game against Cardiff that was on MOTD - never saw me though as they only showed the goal which was down the South end.

I won Richard Gwynne's All 5 Quiz on Southern Sound.

I've been to Center Parcs 3 times and have won the snooker comp twice and the pool tournament the other time.

I've played Cliff Lazarenko at darts with John Lowe watching

I've seen Rodman play for The Bears

I've seen Keegan play at the Goldstone and Le Tissier play for the Albion

I've had my picture taken with Dickie Bird, Ray Illingworth, Neil Foster and Tim Robinson as well as meeting Bob Taylor during the test he made an emergency comeback as wicketkeeper.

I've played The Great Egg Race at a corporate do with Prof. Heinz Wolff refereeing

I've successfully landed in a flight simulator 3 times and was recommended to take up flying

I had goals scored against me in 5 a side by all the great Langney Sports players - Nigel Hole, Mick Green (Even Steve Dell, the goalie scored!) etc - saved a few as well

Come on people - you aren't trying hard enough! I could go on all day! :lol:

Last edited:
I have been quiz champion on the national youth network JJJ for both New Order and the B-52s.

that is all :down:

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I had a piss with Dave Murray of Iron Maiden :eek:

Met Chris Cattlin to discuss gutter for his conservatory business

Met fat bloke (Turner?) from Emmerdale about a faulty bath we sold him :lolol:

God what a celeb hunter I am :jester:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My great uncle was involved in the real life wooden horse in a concentration camp in Germany. He was an architect and designed the tunnel for them to escape. :bowdown:

My art teacher at school was dating one of the Levellers and I met him once. Can't remember his name though.

Chris Eubank tried to chat up my sister :angry: :D

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
seagullion said:
i fixed andy rollings washing machine
yOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT............YOU LOOKED AT MY WASHING MACHINE.:lolol: :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I've got 4............

1.......i serviced Mike Bamber's swimming pool boiler.

2.......i appeared on YOU BET, hosted by Bruce Forsyth .
Had the pleasure of winding in a 7 and a half ton truck with fishing rods........:lolol: :lolol:

Bad news is, that was the start of my history of a bad back.:nono:

3......i've kissed Jordan.

4........I pointed out to Seve Ballesteros where in the lake his ball finished up after a wayward drive at the European Open at East Sussex National.
I was one of the course Marshalls, and was also lucky enough to witness Nick Faldo lose a ball in the stream(He was world no.1 at the time and NEVER lost a ball)..............the ball is now in my possession and has his name stamped on it..........must be pretty rare.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We shared a recording studio with the Pet Shop boys, I mucked up all the settings on a flightcase full of their effects units ( miserable bastards they are) and we also had a chat with wwho we thought was some singers minder . . .turns out it was Chris Farlowe.

Mark Lamar came to see our band play Live at Leeds University

I've raced cars with F1 drivers Jackie Oliver and Rupert Keegan ( James Hunts old team mate at Hesketh)

My Uncle was the actor behind the Toshiba man ! and he used to do days out with R2D2 as well, he lived in the longe at their house for a while !

we used to stand on ther East terrace and chat with Norman COok in the dark days

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My first date with the now Mrs Titanic was in Worthing... Chariots of Fire at The Odeon (now a shopping centre), followed by a Chicken Phall (or a Korma for the ladies!), with SIMON MAYO, and his then girlfriend (not the present Mrs Mayo) and he was driving his granny's white automatic mini.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I saw Coogan in Waitrose once whilst being extremely hungover and shouted "AHAAAA" he didn't look impressed which suprised me as I bet no-one else has thought about doing that :jester:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
BHA links said:
My Brother (RIP) caught Freddie Mercury's Maracas at Milton Keynes Bowl

:O

My Dad used to cut Peter Bonetti's hair.

Peter Bonetti gave my dad tickets for us to see my first ever footie game, Chelsea v Leeds in Dec 1971.

Is Freddies Maracas a euphamism ?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I was bought a burger from O'Hagans on the seafront by Jurassic 5

Chuck D gave me a public enemy t-shirt.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Tricky Dicky said:
Is Freddies Maracas a euphamism ?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BHA links
My Brother (RIP) caught the contents of Freddie Mercury's Maracas ina bowl in Milton Keynes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think thats fairly self explanitory

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I once served Keith Chegwyn when working at Chessington World of Adventrues. He asked me to give him a prize even though he hadn't won and told him no to which he used the age old z-list comment.

"Do you know who I am?"

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
I was Molly Sugden's bridesmaid

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills