Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really LAME claims to fame

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Once on a photo assignment, I had an argument with George Robertson (nato defence secretary) at the 5 star Park hotel in Siena over whether it was appropriate to be taking pictures of the guests sitting around the pool.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I once spoke to "Nasty" Nick Bateman from the first Big Brother over the phone

I once discussed flinging some midgets with the boys of Green Day and Catherine Wheel. The midgets laughed about it, and discussed flinging us (but I fink we could of 'ad 'em).

Also went pub crawling in Hollywood with David Rappaport, main Time Bandit, and a good bloke (r.i.p.)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I worked with Jimmy Cliff's brother.

I worked with the ex-wife of the ex-drummer of Atomic Rooster.

I stood next to Frank Bough in the urinal of the Arthur Gilligan stand at Sussex CCC.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I bumped (literally) into George Lucas at a Michael Jackson concert

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
lander14 said:
My Great Great Grandad was an albion player :wave:

So was my great-great uncle. Maybe they knew each other. Mine was Harry Baldwin. played in goal between the wars, and I believe held the league record for penalty saves - six in a row!:clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had a conversation with Princess Ann at Navy Days in Pikesmouth once.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Also, last june in Egypt I had a similar experience with 'Martin' from eastenders.

To be fair he was very pleasant and very apologetic when he found out that I had no intention of photographing him and his girlfriend topless by the pool.

I hadn't even noticed them, however it did occur to me, only briefly though, that I could have made some decent money from OK or Hello magazine for said pics.

:D

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
I saw Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards doing an appearance outside Sport and Ski. I only got his autograph because nobody seemed to notice he was there and I was feeling sorry for him. I lost it by the time I got home, but I don't think he knows that. [/B][/QUOTE]

i've driven his car.

And i know the bloke who bonked kevin keegan over the head when he was a kip in a lay-by.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I once shook hands with Ian Beale!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
colinpants said:

And i know the bloke who bonked kevin keegan over the head when he was a kip in a lay-by.

My mother-in-law took his stitches out after that! :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
[ [/B][/QUOTE]

i've driven his car.

And i know the bloke who bonked kevin keegan over the head when he was a kip in a lay-by. [/B][/QUOTE]

How??

Last edited:

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I phoned the phone-in, interviwed Harty, Hawsey, Norman Baker, Des Lynam & Fatboy Slim for my documentary.

I know Biscuit, Turkey & Drunmstick:wave:

I went to school with Tommy Elphick (and dutifly kicked him while playing football)

Went to school with Sami El-Abd & my brother went to school with Adam El-Abd.

I got interviewed on Juice/Surf when Peter Taylor was named manager.

I was an albion mascot oh yes!!!!!:bowdown:

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
Giraffe said:

i've driven his car.

And i know the bloke who bonked kevin keegan over the head when he was a kip in a lay-by. [/B][/QUOTE]

How?? [/B][/QUOTE]

coz he lives in newhaven

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I have palyed the African Drum for Prince Charles, and the TUC conference.

I played the drum for Tony Blair on September 11th 2001

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I served Kate O'Mara in Waitrose (f*** me she's ugly).

I stood next to Fatboy Slim and Neil Hannon at a bar.

Stu Francis told me to piss off.

I went to college with Stephen Grant (Comedy Steve).

In a previous job I had telephone conversations with Adam Woodyatt, Craig Fairbrass, Danny La Rue (barking), Marco Pirroni (3 times - nicest bloke in the world), Tara Palmer-Tompkinson (numerous times - mad but very lovely), Stan Collymore, and Puff Daddy to name but a few.

Oh, and my Grandad used to be in Coronation Street. Bernie Clifton came to his memorial service (without the ostrich).

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I served Kate O'Mara in Waitrose (f*** me she's ugly).

I stood next to Fatboy Slim and Neil Hannon at a bar.

Stu Francis told me to piss off.

I went to college with Stephen Grant (Comedy Steve).

In a previous job I had telephone conversations with Adam Woodyatt, Craig Fairbrass, Danny La Rue (barking), Marco Pirroni (3 times - nicest bloke in the world), Tara Palmer-Tompkinson (numerous times - mad but very lovely), Stan Collymore, and Puff Daddy to name but a few.

Oh, and my Grandad used to be in Coronation Street. Bernie Clifton came to his memorial service (without the ostrich).

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
How have you managed to post that twice, with a 30 minute gap in between doing so?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here