Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oasis: 'Definitely Maybe'

39 68.42%
  • Arctic Monkeys: 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'

11 19.30%
  • I fear the unknown - Phil Collins every time for me and the better half

3 5.26%
  • I bought my last 33rpm in 1968: Forever Changes v Pet Sounds (already voted)

4 7.02%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

Today's 'No, Really' Hot Album debate: 1st Oasis album v 1st Arctic Monkeys album

0 Not allowed!
    So... what floats YOUR boat?

For me, Arctic Monkeys just shade it over Oasis. Cos Oasis progressed to stadium rock and laziness, whereas Arctic Monkeys never could, even if they wanted to. Er, innit.
    Last edited by Tom Hark, Preston Park; 24-02-2006 at 03:02.
    Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Unfortunately a lot of the passion in the Arctic Monkeys demos was lost in the mixing of the album and the tunes actually sound rather tame compared to what they could sound like. DM is more confident, brash and better, at the end of the day.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Home at Last.

0 Not allowed!
      Waiting to hear the Arctic Monkeys effort, but 'Maybe still has a lot of magic about it.

For my money an album shines if you still love it, debut or not, some two plus years later.
      Still not voting Liberal.
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by ChapmansThe Saviour
      Unfortunately a lot of the passion in the Arctic Monkeys demos was lost in the mixing of the album and the tunes actually sound rather tame compared to what they could sound like.
      I hope that's not you attempting a Richie Morris style 'Of course Kasabian sounded SO much better when me and three other Special Ones saw them play a gig in that occupied phone box next to the Pavilion Theatre in 1928' type thing there Chappers
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Arctic monkeys better than oasis

or not
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It is a joke that the Arctic Monkeys are put in the same bracket as Oasis. Sorry, but Definately Maybe pisses all over AM's debut.

Good luck to them and that but they don't do it for me one bit, there are so many better bands going around unnoticed at the moment.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park
      I hope that's not you attempting a Richie Morris style 'Of course Kasabian sounded SO much better when me and three other Special Ones saw them play a gig in that occupied phone box next to the Pavilion Theatre in 1928' type thing there Chappers
      Not at all! It's true though. If you listen to the demos that were doing the rounds a few months ago they sound much better. The album is too clean cut for my liking. Just my viewpoint.

The Maximo Park album is better than both anyway....
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

Re: Today's 'No, Really' Hot Album debate: 1st Oasis album v 1st Arctic Monkeys album

0 Not allowed!

For me, Arctic Monkeys just shade it over Oasis.
      71.4% disagree with you.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by ChapmansThe Saviour
      Not at all! It's true though. If you listen to the demos that were doing the rounds a few months ago they sound much better. The album is too clean cut for my liking. Just my viewpoint.

The Maximo Park album is better than both anyway....
      Agreed. Maximo Park is a fabulous album

Re: Today's 'No, Really' Hot Album debate: 1st Oasis album v 1st Arctic Monkeys album

0 Not allowed!

For me, Arctic Monkeys just shade it over Oasis. Cos Oasis progressed to stadium rock and laziness, whereas Arctic Monkeys never could, even if they wanted to. Er, innit.
      For me it's Definitely Maybe. No contest.

I remember saying that Oasis could never progress to 'stadium rock and laziness'. I was wrong and the odds are that you will be wrong about Arctic Monkeys. Give them time to becomes successful, age, mellow and then need to earn some more money and before you know it they'll be lighters in the air at Hillsborough.