Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 5 players and interested parties please read

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All

I have been in touch with the club and asked whether we could play REMF 5 on Friday 5th May or Friday 12th May, 7.30 pm ko. It is a no go as work on the pitch commences on 2nd May for 4 weeks.

I have asked whether we could have Friday 28th April , 7.30 pm but its close to the last home game on Sunday 30th April so I am not over hopeful. Any date sooner will not leave enough time. Ed / Roz are close to the club so they may help but options are limited.

Therefore the options are to try and play the game on a Friday in August pre season or switch to a venue such as Southwick where we played the first game which has a decent pitch and a bar which are the 2 vital componants.

I think it is vital the game is played for the continuity and the importance of the event and it is our main fund raising and focus of the charity each year.

What do you think , Gaffer, Fatboy, Ed, Roz et all ?.

11/2001-BHAFC 4 CPFC 4-CPFC win on penalties- Southwick 1000
4/03 - BHAFC 1 CPFC 5 - Withdean 200
4/04 - BHAFC 6 CPFC 1 - Withdean 350
4/05 - BHAFC 2 CPFC 2 - BHAFC win on penalties - Withdean 300
2006 ?

Yoda

English & European
Uncle Buck said:
In fairness Garth it was played in April last year (night before Rotherham) and I seem to remember there not being much more organising time.

I was getting flyers printed this time last year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Friday evening is best, we tried a Sunday Pm but its not a great time to play it. I think Friday 28/4/06 would be great if possible , I will keep you advised, if not Friday 11th August or around then.

Uncle Buck said:
In fairness Garth it was played in April last year (night before Rotherham) and I seem to remember there not being much more organising time.

Rovrum was away too which would make a massive difference. Not sure the club would want the pitch played on 2 days before the last game of the season.

What about Woodside Road? The club has ties with Worthing after all.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Friday 21st April?

Although Wolves is the day after.

Or friday before Millwall away? - Although doesn't give you much time to prepare at all.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would have said a time in summer would be better. It would give time to organise properly and do it properly?

April is too early isn't it?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Turkey said:
Could it be played at Selhurst?

Good idea. Might be worth at least asking palarse if they'd be willing to let the game be held at selhurst seeing as we've hosted it for the last 3 years?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well the ball boys are all raring to go whenever

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
My vote would go for pre season.

At least we would avoid the situation of the last two games where we have had to get up for a long away trip the next day.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Having sampled both Southwick and Withdean for the game, I actually preferred Southwick. More of a homely feel and it felt more crowded for obvious reasons. Better atmosphere in the bar too!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Gordon the Gopher said:
Having sampled both Southwick and Withdean for the game, I actually preferred Southwick. More of a homely feel and it felt more crowded for obvious reasons. Better atmosphere in the bar too!
MMMMMMMM. Terracing.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
My vote would go for pre season.

At least we would avoid the situation of the last two games where we have had to get up for a long away trip the next day.

We will have to avoid Kerry's testimonial date. (July?)

And Le Havre which I believe is a full week now (probably around 14th July I heard yesterday but not confirmed)

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have heard from the club and Friday 28th April is not possible as " the groundsman feels the manager will be very unhappy at us playing on the pitch before the last home game ".

No great shocks there then.

It looks like its not possible this season which is a shame. I have asked whether we can use the pitch in early August pre season and will let you know if not I think Southwick FC in May on a Friday night would be the best plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here