Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

decisions decisions decisions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Right.

I have just come back from my third bit of traveling (sept) but now i want to go away again.
Austalia would be the first port of call due to the fact i would have a free place of stay and easy to get work.
New Zealand would be the next stop.

The big decision is should I go? Im 22 now, not exactly old but its an age where maaybe i shoiuld be looking to getting a decent job and not gallivanting to the other side of the world for a year or so.

Last edited:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
If you can afford it, do it before you have other commitments you'll be kicking youself (depending on how bendy you are) if you don't go and don't get a job for six months or so anyway.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Being 22 is no excuse not to.

If you can afford to, do it. You will only regret not doing it, whereas if you do it, even if it goes wrong somehow you will still hold it as an amazing memory.

You've not got your own kids or a mortgage have you? If the anser is no, you'll be doing yourself an injustice by not following your dreams

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sir danny cullip said:
Go to New Zealand, if you run out of money you could always get casual work over there.

It did seem easy to get work when i was there last year, there are companies that guarantee you a job, however they seem a bit of a con.

E

enigma

Go and do it, when I've sorted myself a graduate job Im going as well, you cnat do this shit when you're older. Im 23.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Won't your young lady get lonely?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
A friend of mine has been travelling for about 7/8 years now. Comes back for a few months saves some money then off he goes again, he is 27 now, age is no limiter do it while you can. What have you got to lose?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was going to suggest taking her. She'll be able to walk into a job with her qualifications.

Go the pair of you and enjoy yourselves.
Just make sure you both send me a postcard.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
GO GO GO . I'm still doing it and I'm in me 30s.

At 22 you should have plenty of travel left in you.

f*** settling down, that for other people to do!!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Read the thread aimed at the over 30's posters, that should provide you with the answer. Travel is the best education money can buy, enjoy it whenever you can.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
KinkyHitler said:
Right.

I have just come back from my third bit of traveling (sept) but now i want to go away again.
Austalia would be the first port of call due to the fact i would have a free place of stay and easy to get work.
New Zealand would be the next stop.

The big decision is should I go? Im 22 now, not exactly old but its an age where maaybe i shoiuld be looking to getting a decent job and not gallivanting to the other side of the world for a year or so.

Go for it KH. I'm now 40 and my biggest regret is not having travelled anywhere. Now I'm tied down with a mortgage and a family. A couple of years ago a work colleague and I got made redundant. He was 24 and got £10K and buggered off round the world for a year. I got £30K and put it into my mortgage.:down:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pete. Go. I just have not got wonderlust, but those that have need to travel.

If you both go and stay long term, I can always get a flight to vist can't I.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dover said:
Pete. Go. I just have not got wonderlust, but those that have need to travel.

If you both go and stay long term, I can always get a flight to vist can't I.

Course!

I need you to cook:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here