Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the thing is....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Poach them in the kettle, just tape down the on switch and leave for 15 minutes, adding a few slices of lemon 2 minutes from the end.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Remember to fill kettle first.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
555kaz said:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Probably for the best eh? At least we tried :lolol:

Excellent effort, Kaz.
I haven't laughed at a thread so much since Hiney's altercation with his neighbours.
Hope you enjoyed the takeaway, Seagullion. :lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry didn't read pages 3 and 2 and thought it was kippers not Turkey steaks, enjoy your chinky.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Well I've just finished my toad in the hole with mustard mash and it was luverley. Hope the take away was good and tune in next week for the next episode of "How to Talk the Misses into a Take Away"

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I don't get it? You could have avoided all of this by lifting the missus up (get a good hold under the armpits), and walking her into the kitchen. With a bit of assistance, she should have been able to cook dinner for you - what are women for, for God's sake? I can't help thinking that you have brought this whole disaster on yourself by not taking charge of the malingering missus.

Anyway - if you can't stick it on a hexamine burner with a C4 firelighter, it's not worth eating.....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wholegrain Mustard Mash is the shizam.
After reading you post 555Kaz how do you make toad in the hole. It is my favorite dish but haven't had it in about 8 years as mother Biehn used to make it for me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Les Biehn said:
Wholegrain Mustard Mash is the shizam.
After reading you post 555Kaz how do you make toad in the hole. It is my favorite dish but haven't had it in about 8 years as mother Biehn used to make it for me.

Yorkshire pudding batter with sausages in it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
Yorkshire pudding batter with sausages in it.

That just tells me what it is. I still don't know how to cook sausages or make the batter, or whether you do cook them together or seperate.:down:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
That just tells me what it is. I still don't know how to cook sausages or make the batter, or whether you do cook them together or seperate.:down:

Find out on the BBC website. They have LOADS of recipes on there. My only adive for toad in the hole is to make sure the oil is HOT before adding the batter to thedish. I think I shall make toad in the hole this week sometime. Yummy!

Here's a simple one..

Ingredients
1 free-range egg
75g/2½oz plain flour
¼ pint milk
4 sausages
4 tbsp olive oil

Method
1. Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Mix the batter together and leave to sit while you fry the sausages.
3. Heat one tbsp oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan and gently brown the sausages for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat.
5. Pour in the batter and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Failing that, Asda and Safeway sell ready-meals, all you have to do is follow the instructions. Not as good as the real thing, but handy if you just need a quick fix of toad in the hole. You can get individual ones as well (check the freezer compartments).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Make your own batter, much better.

Sieve in the flour to and remove any lumps after you have mixed the batter. Make your own, seriously, it's much better than those shit ready meal ones as they use crappy bangers.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Just be careful - if you are not trained in the kitchen, this is what happens!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news/NEWS1.html

Always better to let a fully trained kitchen operative do the tasks.

"The couple had been out for drinks with friends on Friday night and returned home to Wick Parade, Littlehampton, in the early hours of Saturday.

Mrs Quincey began cooking fishfingers in a deep-fat fryer but the couple fell asleep and the fryer burst into flames. ":nono: :nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I must admit the ready made yorkshires are always hard which isn't good.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Les Biehn said:
I must admit the ready made yorkshires are always hard which isn't good.
They only need 4 mins. I prefer Yorkshires to be slightly crispy.
Soggy batter is horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here