Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF support for local football club approved

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am posting this on the main board as I think this applies to the good people here.

As you know The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund have supported Los Peladitos in New York with a 2 year package and will continue to offer help in the future. As stated on 11/9/03 the REMF has decided to bring the fund into the UK to recognise the links Robert had with Brighton, being born in Brighton and being an avid Brighton & Hove Albion supporter.

We have agreed to approve up to 5 grants per annum for clubs in the Brighton and Sussex areas for children between 5-16 to be helped to play football in memory of Robert. We are also extending the invitation to clubs in the Croydon area to recognise the help and support of the Crystal Palace supporters.

It is the dream to have many clubs being offered support over the next 5 years. Who knows we could have a REMF tournament in the future for all the clubs helped by this charity.

The first grant has been approved for a local club, King George United in Southwick which has 25 , 5-16 year old children who love to play the game but are struggling with facilities and help.

We are hoping the Argus and Southwick Herald will come to the presentation when Douglas Eaton, Robert's father will present the cheque to the founders of the club, Steve & Lisa Brazier. All the kids will be there in their new kits which the REMF will have helped to purchase.

This has only come about because of the magnificent generosity and support of both Brighton & Crystal Palace supporters and NSC who were the catalyst for this fund shortly after 11/9/01.

Well done to everyone.

Further details and future events of REMF will be provided or if you wish to help or get further detail please call me , Lord Bracknell or Roz.

Please post this on the main board and then transfer to the REMF site.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good stuff GG :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here