Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever had a BOERWURST ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A nice south african lady at work has bought me in a giant BOERWURST, which is, apparently, a traditional South African sausage. BOER is the South African word for farm, and WURST is of course a sausage. So I make that a FARM SAUSAGE. Yes, that follows. It is curled into a circle, and has a rather impressive girth to it. I am assuming its not made up from minced black people, and will try a section of it in a doorstep sandwich tonight, perhaps with some fried onions and wholegrain mustard. I was a little concerned when she told me its made up from various meats though, but I trust her because she also makes nice tea and cakes.

Has anyone here ever had a bit of South African sausage ? Whats it like ? Any cooking tips ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes....also BILTONG

very nice but salty

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
It is Salty with spicy meat, usually a smoked ham, minced beef and other varieties of spicy tasting meats

:love:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barnet Seagull said:
You do sit on your own don't you ???
Well, I do have my very own seat to myself. But I sit alongside 5 chums.

Coopers Right Arm

Jul 28, 2004
Easy 10 said:
A nice south african lady at work has bought me in a giant BOERWURST, which is, apparently, a traditional South African sausage. BOER is the South African word for farm, and WURST is of course a sausage. So I make that a FARM SAUSAGE. Yes, that follows. It is curled into a circle, and has a rather impressive girth to it. I am assuming its not made up from minced black people, and will try a section of it in a doorstep sandwich tonight, perhaps with some fried onions and wholegrain mustard. I was a little concerned when she told me its made up from various meats though, but I trust her because she also makes nice tea and cakes.

Has anyone here ever had a bit of South African sausage ? Whats it like ? Any cooking tips ?

Yeah, they well nice!!!

There is a shop in Newhaven that sells them

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A fat piece of meat, that you will devour tonight, enjoying the slightly salty taste.

Nah, can't think of any jokes there.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gritt23 said:
A fat piece of meat, that you will devour tonight, enjoying the slightly salty taste.

Nah, can't think of any jokes there.

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You smutty oik Gritty.

Anyhoo, bit of a disaster on the sausage front. I didn't realise it was FROZEN, and having spent the day on the back seat of my car, its not thawed. Therefore my giant sausage devouring will have to wait till tomorrow night. The replacement ? Pasta mince thingy and cheese sauce.

Dull.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
You smutty oik Gritty.

Anyhoo, bit of a disaster on the sausage front. I didn't realise it was FROZEN, and having spent the day on the back seat of my car, its not thawed. Therefore my giant sausage devouring will have to wait till tomorrow night. The replacement ? Pasta mince thingy and cheese sauce.

Dull.

well its not gonna thaw out in bloody WINTER is it ya GOON :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marc said:
well its not gonna thaw out in bloody WINTER is it ya GOON :D
Yes but I didn't know it was FROZEN till I got home and took it out of the BAG you MONG

:jester:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
did the fact it was ROCK SOLID and COLD not give it away :shootself :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
dave the gaffer said:
yes....also BILTONG

very nice but salty
True, but minced black people can be a little on the salty side............try dipping in yoghurt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marc said:
did the fact it was ROCK SOLID and COLD not give it away :shootself :lolol:
It was wrapped in two CARRIER BAGS and was in some PACKAGING

It was IMPOSSIBLE to tell it was frozen until I had EXPOSED the meat.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
It was wrapped in two CARRIER BAGS and was in some PACKAGING

It was IMPOSSIBLE to tell it was frozen until I had EXPOSED the meat.

and then what did the Police Officer say?

"fancy coming back to mine?"

:lolol:

hahaha quialty Monty Pythonesque

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see there's no talking to you tonight MARC

:jester:

(deccies in the Cricks look nice though)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i was HAMMERD in there yesterday...dont remember much!

back later...TV time

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Billtong is gorgeous stuff, had some on the way to see u2 at twickenham as there was a south african guy cooking a "south african bbq" which included bulewurst (sp), both fooking lovely! (not the south african man, the two meats)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here