Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior [2005 edition]

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Liam Rosenior Fulham's England under 21 right back who currently can't get a game for them. He can also play at left back and has done so for Fulham in the Premiership. Might be worth trying to get him on loan ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Would be lovely. While we're at loan signings, Millwall were talking about Marcus Stewart last week.

Can't get in the Bristol City team, which doesn't bode well, but definitely knows where the goal is. Would he be worth the gamble?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
trueblue said:
Would be lovely. While we're at loan signings, Millwall were talking about Marcus Stewart last week.

Can't get in the Bristol City team, which doesn't bode well, but definitely knows where the goal is. Would he be worth the gamble?
Bristol pay him £6k a week, we can't afford that.

Also he uses the 6k a week to keep Bristol's pubs and clubs in business.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Probably a load of old balls but i'd heard we'd enquired about Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor before he went to Sheff Wed on loan.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's in the Derby team at the moment. Defence is more important at the moment anyway.

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
Silent Bob said:
He's in the Derby team at the moment. Defence is more important at the moment anyway.

agree we need to tighten up the defence that has to be our number one priority as we're conceding too many silly goals

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
sirmax2004 said:
agree we need to tighten up the defence that has to be our number one priority as we're conceding too many silly goals

id rather have someone who would tuck goals away to keep pressure off defence i dont mind winning 5-4 week in week out rather than nail biting 1-0

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But then if the defence are busy we should be looking elsewhere on the pitch as well. Holding players etc. A big striker to take pressure off the midfield and in turn the defence. Some players in the middle are too eager to head the ball on, rather than take it to ground and put in a short pass. We sometimes turn over possession too much

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The answer sadly is in front of mcghee Jason Dodd, why o why is he sitting on the bench when it is clear to all Hart is not up to it.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Rosenior is always on the bench and with one injury he's in the team. Lots of Fulham fans reckon he should be playing anyway.

In short, we've got no chance of getting him on loan.

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
i don't think our defence has the ability or pace to cope with our attacking mindset so either we need to change our mentality to relieve some of the pressure on the defenders or, if MM wants us to keep playing in this style, we need to bolster the defence with more quality

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what about Liam O Connor. He plays striker for Irish team the Martlets. He's a part time tarmacer but apparently has an eye for goal and although raw has bags of potential. His Caravan doesn't have a phone but he can be found hanging out in Cork on a Friday chatting up the birds on the Waltzer

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
The answer sadly is in front of mcghee Jason Dodd, why o why is he sitting on the bench when it is clear to all Hart is not up to it.

I know we haven't seen much of him, but I'd rather Hart played at right back than him. His lack of pace is too risky in my opinion. I just don't feel confident he's not going to get skinned every 5 minutes.

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
mcshane in the 78th said:
I know we haven't seen much of him, but I'd rather Hart played at right back than him. His lack of pace is too risky in my opinion. I just don't feel confident he's not going to get skinned every 5 minutes.

i thought dodd looked quality against derby first game of the season. not only was he defensively solid but he looked to pass the ball rather than just smack it

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
KinkyGoebels said:

Hmmm.....he's been out injured and only just back....??? Maybe he is not 100% fully fit? I would love to see what your reaction would have been if he was in the side and we lost? Would you be saying GH didn't deserve to lose his place and Dodd was only just back and shouldn't have been risked??

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
sirmax2004 said:
i thought dodd looked quality against derby first game of the season. not only was he defensively solid but he looked to pass the ball rather than just smack it

Fair point about the passing, and his crosses were good (although we haven't got anyone to cross a ball to at the moment :( ), but I just feel he's too much of a risk with his lack of pace, playing as a full back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rusthall Seagull said:
Hmmm.....he's been out injured and only just back....??? Maybe he is not 100% fully fit? I would love to see what your reaction would have been if he was in the side and we lost? Would you be saying GH didn't deserve to lose his place and Dodd was only just back and shouldn't have been risked??

Has he not been "only just back from injury" for about 3 weeks now?
Hart has been poor for 3 or 4 weeks at right back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here