Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bored at work... game

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Brighton till i die said:
wallice and Grommit

You will make Moshe cry if you continue. this is a good thread and we do not want him to take it home with him and not let us play:lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't think it'll be the same without him.

P.S. are we still on Brian Wade?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
80's Seagull said:
I don't think it'll be the same without him.

P.S. are we still on Brian Wade?

only if wallace and grommitt are made up names:lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
B.M.F said:
only if wallace and grommitt are made up names:lolol:

Well Danny Wallace got capped for England I think

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
80's Seagull said:
Well Danny Wallace got capped for England I think

you know the rules and Danny starts with a D and not a W:nono: :nono: :nono: :p :lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
B.M.F said:
you know the rules and Danny starts with a D and not a W:nono: :nono: :nono: :p :lolol:

I don't have to go to the corner do I? Please don't send me to the corner :down:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Ok if we cant have Wallace and Grommit. How about Wee Gordon Strachan?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
any more messing around and you will be in a Blair witch style corner:eek:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The game will reconvene today at 4.00pm...

For the record I will list below the official line of names and, in doing so, will also comment on some of the issues arising from yesterday's play.

Brian Horton
Hans Kray
Ken Beamish
Ben Roberts
(Miss Piggy)

Miss Piggy was allowed as at that time the game was in danger of being sabotaged before it had really got started as a result of some people not understanding the rules.

Peter Grummitt
Gary Megson
Mark Lawrenson
(Leslie Grantham)

This illegitimate call was also allowed in the context of initial leniency - later on a harder line would be taken regarding similar contributions

Gary Stevens
(Stan Baldwin)

See above regarding "leniency"... I wasn't sure about the veracity of this selection either but allowed it as the game was still at an early stage

Brian Powney
Paul Jarvis

At this point in the game there was a divergence between a Johnny Byrne- Billy Cotton - Clive Walker line and a Jimmy Case - Chris Ramsay - et cetera line... it was a difficult judgement to make but I decided to take the Jimmy Case call as the point for continuation... this decision was partly influenced by doubt surrounding the Billy Cotton nomination - a Google search of ["Billy Cotton" Brighton football ] having not provided a satisfactory response (NB a similar null result from searching for ["Captain Colon" Brighton football] had earlier disbarred that selection)...

Jimmy Case
Chris Ramsay
Richard Carpenter
Charlie Oatway
obby Zamora
Zeke Rowe
Robin Smith
Steve Foster
Fran Worthington

This was the point of the Billy Longair controversy... at the time I have to admit to being slightly exasperated by some of the persistently unhelpful contributions and thus, being immediately suspicious of this call, continued myself with a Will Packham - Perry Digweed line... however, upon clarification I was happy to accept the provenance of Billy Longair and continued with Luke Wright. NB I also queried the legitimacy of the call with regard to the basic rules of the game, but on reflection I think we can assume that "Billy"'s first initial was indeed "W"...

Billy Longair
Luke Wright
Wes Brown
Bobby Moore

Just a quick note regarding gazwag's call of Michael Robinson here... I found his edit message accepting that a prior call should take precedence to be extremely useful and I suggest that we all adopt this protocol in future

Mark Barham
Ben Andrews
Angus Fraser
Freddie Flintoff
Fred Truman
Tony Grealish
Gary Stevens !!!!!

I have to say that this really shocked me....!!!! Only 30 legitimate calls into the game and we have a repetition....!!! And what is more it went completely unnoticed and unpunished... I accept full responsibility for the oversight and will endeavour to police this matter more effectively in future play. This will, however, clearly prove extremely difficult in practice and one also has to consider the circumstances under which play could continue in my absence. I therefore propose the need for an additional ruling that eases the burden on the incumbent Rules Master and suggest that repetition should only be considered when the name has already been called within the previous eight pages of the thread.

Stuart Storer
Simon Funnell
Franklin [sic] Stephenson

Another minor controversy... I called Shaun Udal at this point and gazwag quite rightly accused me of breaching Rule One regarding co-operative play. With hindsight I fully accept his objection and realise that my Udal was raising the tariff unnecessarily and is in fact exactly the type of unhelpful direction that Rule One seeks to protect the game from. I can only think that I was distracted by some of the administrative and discipline problems being experienced around that time and trust that this will remain an isolated incident.

Steve Gatting
Graham Moseley
Mick Channon
Colin Kazim Richards

Simple clarification ruling needed here... we took the "K" from Kazim Richards. The subsequent confusion did lead to a minor line divergence, however, that was simply resolved by continuing from Kevin Bremner rather than Kurt Nogan

Kevin Bremner
Brian Clough

Albion managers to be allowed. I suggest that this ruling be extended to include all coaches and managers of the eligible teams. In many cases these individuals will also have been players.

Charlie George
Garry Nelson
Neil Smillie
Sammy Nelson
Norman Gall
Garry Parker
Paul Reid
Russell Osman
Owen Hargreaves
Harold Larwood
Luther Blissett.....

all in all, an enjoyable session and I look forward to seeing how we get on this afternoon...

MG

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
but we are on Brian Wade now. tsk, do keep up Master Moshe:nono:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
B.M.F said:
but we are on Brian Wade now. tsk, do keep up Master Moshe:nono:
yes... i can see that B.M.F. ... a good call....!!!

I'm very happy for people to continue playing outside of the scheduled periods and will accept the last legitimate call before 4.00pm as our starting point for the official session...

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Moshe Gariani said:

I'm very happy for people to continue playing outside of the scheduled periods and will accept the last legitimate call before 4.00pm as our starting point for the official session...

Thank godness you're back - i really dont think this game shoud proceed until 16.00 hours today as it falls apart without your guidance.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Moshe Gariani said:
The game will reconvene today at 4.00pm...

For the record I will list below the official line of names and, in doing so, will also comment on some of the issues arising from yesterday's play.

Brian Horton
Hans Kray
Ken Beamish
Ben Roberts
(Miss Piggy)

Miss Piggy was allowed as at that time the game was in danger of being sabotaged before it had really got started as a result of some people not understanding the rules.

Peter Grummitt
Gary Megson
Mark Lawrenson
(Leslie Grantham)

This illegitimate call was also allowed in the context of initial leniency - later on a harder line would be taken regarding similar contributions

Gary Stevens
(Stan Baldwin)

See above regarding "leniency"... I wasn't sure about the veracity of this selection either but allowed it as the game was still at an early stage

Brian Powney
Paul Jarvis

At this point in the game there was a divergence between a Johnny Byrne- Billy Cotton - Clive Walker line and a Jimmy Case - Chris Ramsay - et cetera line... it was a difficult judgement to make but I decided to take the Jimmy Case call as the point for continuation... this decision was partly influenced by doubt surrounding the Billy Cotton nomination - a Google search of ["Billy Cotton" Brighton football ] having not provided a satisfactory response (NB a similar null result from searching for ["Captain Colon" Brighton football] had earlier disbarred that selection)...

Jimmy Case
Chris Ramsay
Richard Carpenter
Charlie Oatway
obby Zamora
Zeke Rowe
Robin Smith
Steve Foster
Fran Worthington

This was the point of the Billy Longair controversy... at the time I have to admit to being slightly exasperated by some of the persistently unhelpful contributions and thus, being immediately suspicious of this call, continued myself with a Will Packham - Perry Digweed line... however, upon clarification I was happy to accept the provenance of Billy Longair and continued with Luke Wright. NB I also queried the legitimacy of the call with regard to the basic rules of the game, but on reflection I think we can assume that "Billy"'s first initial was indeed "W"...

Billy Longair
Luke Wright
Wes Brown
Bobby Moore

Just a quick note regarding gazwag's call of Michael Robinson here... I found his edit message accepting that a prior call should take precedence to be extremely useful and I suggest that we all adopt this protocol in future

Mark Barham
Ben Andrews
Angus Fraser
Freddie Flintoff
Fred Truman
Tony Grealish
Gary Stevens !!!!!

I have to say that this really shocked me....!!!! Only 30 legitimate calls into the game and we have a repetition....!!! And what is more it went completely unnoticed and unpunished... I accept full responsibility for the oversight and will endeavour to police this matter more effectively in future play. This will, however, clearly prove extremely difficult in practice and one also has to consider the circumstances under which play could continue in my absence. I therefore propose the need for an additional ruling that eases the burden on the incumbent Rules Master and suggest that repetition should only be considered when the name has already been called within the previous eight pages of the thread.

Stuart Storer
Simon Funnell
Franklin [sic] Stephenson

Another minor controversy... I called Shaun Udal at this point and gazwag quite rightly accused me of breaching Rule One regarding co-operative play. With hindsight I fully accept his objection and realise that my Udal was raising the tariff unnecessarily and is in fact exactly the type of unhelpful direction that Rule One seeks to protect the game from. I can only think that I was distracted by some of the administrative and discipline problems being experienced around that time and trust that this will remain an isolated incident.

Steve Gatting
Graham Moseley
Mick Channon
Colin Kazim Richards

Simple clarification ruling needed here... we took the "K" from Kazim Richards. The subsequent confusion did lead to a minor line divergence, however, that was simply resolved by continuing from Kevin Bremner rather than Kurt Nogan

Kevin Bremner
Brian Clough

Albion managers to be allowed. I suggest that this ruling be extended to include all coaches and managers of the eligible teams. In many cases these individuals will also have been players.

Charlie George
Garry Nelson
Neil Smillie
Sammy Nelson
Norman Gall
Garry Parker
Paul Reid
Russell Osman
Owen Hargreaves
Harold Larwood
Luther Blissett.....

all in all, an enjoyable session and I look forward to seeing how we get on this afternoon...

MG

:bowdown: :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brighton till i die said:
Thank godness you're back - i really dont think this game shoud proceed until 16.00 hours today as it falls apart without your guidance.
probably wise, but please be clear that I don't want to completely outlaw unscheduled play...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here