Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remf Golf Day Outrage

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a scenario.

I have just hit a repectable 4 iron on the 17th at Hassocks and the ball is nestling on the fringe of the green. I am walking up the 16th fairway and on my right I behold a sight that will curdle milk. On the 16th Tee is Gareth Glover, attempting to drive the ball with a MOBILE PHONE wedged under his chin and he is attempting a conversation whist addressing the ball.

Now I don't know about you but in my book that is sacriledge and I believe Mr Glover should be whipped on each corner of Withdean until he repents, or he should have his mobile phone surgically inserted up a certain orofice whithout anaesthetic.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No doubt he was on the phone to John Robinson's agent who was telling him that Robinson will, in fact, be signing for us afterall and that this information is 100% correct. :shootself

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gaffer

I must apologise for outrageous behavior. I thought about attempting the drive whilst having the mobile wedged under my chin and carrying on the conversation but decided against it, although the way I was playing it would not have made that much difference.

I was infact talking to Bobby Zamora who told me he is speaking to Chelsea this week.

Sorry mate.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dave

Your argument slips up in the 2nd line !
When u said you hit a 4 iron onto the 17th green ! if memory serves me.. the 17th is a par 3 and is now more than a 7 iron even in windy weather maybe a 6.

A 4 iron and you would be on the 18th tee !.....

PHONES on golf courses though...ggggggggrrrrrrrr BAN EM.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Marshy

I was hitting it so inconsistantly, I was going for the "shock and awe" of smashing the fukker as hard as possible to get over the pond and making sure it didn't go right!

I also took a 4 Iron on one of the other par three's which was about 200 yards ish and put it through the green!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here