Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accenture

1 Not allowed!
    absolute dross.

The people that work at consultancies are the ones that didn't make the grade for Investment Banks usually.

Long hours, abysmal pay (whilst they're charging the client a fortune).
    Working for accenture is like being a contractor with no tax benefits and shite pay.

Stay away.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Where do we go from here? Tesco in Disguise's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      i do. long hours.

work to live. don't live to work.

Just victim of the in-house drive-by.
      They say 'jump!', you say 'how high?'
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I work for Capgemini on the Aspire contract (we look after Inland Revenue systems) - Accenture looks after the NIRS system (National Insurance Records System) which has interfaces with many of the IR systems. I've met some Accenture peeps in my travels - course we all work hard, but the rewards are there for those who progress ....

0 Not allowed!
      I work for Atos Origin, believe me Enigma it is really up to you to decide.

If you want to be a high flyer go for it as the rewards are exceprtionally good however you may not reap them till pension time.

Work is what you make it.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

0 Not allowed!
      I was about to congratulate you for creating dwayne-fodder material and he'd be along soon enough to slate your prospective new employer but I see he has beaten me to it.

You have to appreciate that you're obviously not bright, smart, intelligent, stylish, arrogant, pretentious, head-up-your-own-arse enough to ever do what he does, so you may have to make do with whatever crap job opportunities come along. As such, if accenture is the best you can do, and you feel it is right, then you should go for it.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Beach Hut
      I work for Atos Origin, believe me Enigma it is really up to you to decide.

If you want to be a high flyer go for it as the rewards are exceprtionally good however you may not reap them till pension time.

Work is what you make it.
      how can you be a high flyer and only be rewarded at pension time, the guy wants the dosh now!!

Forget Accenture and go and make your money now whilst your young, there's plenty out there. I can only speak from I-banking experience but when I was working at JPMorgan in the front office, I was with a bunch of contractors, half were accenture, half weren't. The ones at Accenture were on about 45 grand a year. We were raking in 400 a day and time and a half at weekends. I was gauranteed work after my contract was finished so had the security but wasn't getting mugged by a third party.

...but saying this a lot depends on what Industry you're in and what job you do?

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Bozza
      I was about to congratulate you for creating dwayne-fodder material and he'd be along soon enough to slate your prospective new employer but I see he has beaten me to it.

You have to appreciate that you're obviously not bright, smart, intelligent, stylish, arrogant, pretentious, head-up-your-own-arse enough to ever do what he does, so you may have to make do with whatever crap job opportunities come along. As such, if accenture is the best you can do, and you feel it is right, then you should go for it.
      Like I said I've worked with loads of Accenture guys and they're good, but all of them slated the company for being distant and not interested in their career, and they were getting half the money us regular contractors were for doing the same job.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by dwayne
      how can you be a high flyer and only be rewarded at pension time, the guy wants the dosh now!!

Forget Accenture and go and make your money now whilst your young, there's plenty out there. I can only speak from I-banking experience but when I was working at JPMorgan in the front office, I was with a bunch of contractors, half were accenture, half weren't. The ones at Accenture were on about 45 grand a year. We were raking in 400 a day and time and a half at weekends. I was gauranteed work after my contract was finished so had the security but wasn't getting mugged by a third party.

...but saying this a lot depends on what Industry you're in and what job you do?
      It does depend on what you feel comfortable with and if you are a high flyer corporate you have to put the hours in so you reap the reward later on. Accepted you can go down the contracting route but not always guaranteed a revenue stream all the time.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by dwayne
      Like I said I've worked with loads of Accenture guys and they're good, but all of them slated the company for being distant and not interested in their career, and they were getting half the money us regular contractors were for doing the same job.
      That is the permie v contractor choice, it has little to do with a particular employer.

Just what are your extensive skillset and experience that has employers clamouring for your services, Thomas? It was not that long ago you were asking for Excel help on NSC to help you in a Bournemouth nursing home or something.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Beach Hut
      It does depend on what you feel comfortable with and if you are a high flyer corporate you have to put the hours in so you reap the reward later on. Accepted you can go down the contracting route but not always guaranteed a revenue stream all the time.
      Like I said it depends what line of work he's in.

If he's from an Investment Banking or IT background, generally speaking he'd be better off working directly for the company he's assigned to.