Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Accenture

0 Not allowed!
    And in a strange all things are interconnected type thing, look who my firm might be buying and look whose software we'll kick into touch in favour of our own...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ixcitytop.html

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Bozza
      Anyway, so what do you guys do - develop and maintain a small series of Excel/VBA apps that are used continuously or develop a large number of one-off apps quickly to assist with particular trading positions and decisions that arise?

Or none of the above.
      1st option

0 Not allowed!
      And in a strange all things are interconnected type thing, look who my firm might be buying and look whose software we'll kick into touch in favour of our own...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ixcitytop.html
      I would be suprised if this happened, everone wants an English company to come in and handle this, would be interesting for you Bozza boy if it did happen.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by dwayne
      I would be suprised if this happened, everone wants an English company to come in and handle this, would be interesting for you Bozza boy if it did happen.
      Money talks dwayne, you know that.

And the Aussies could even show you a thing or two about arrogance...

0 Not allowed!
      Anyway, so what do you guys do - develop and maintain a small series of Excel/VBA apps that are used continuously or develop a large number of one-off apps quickly to assist with particular trading positions and decisions that arise?

Or none of the above.
      Personally my job has two functions: a) I support and enhance various trade entry systems to handle a multitude of FI, FX & currency products. In addition to which, we are b) in the processing of writing a whole suite of products specifically designed to enable the FI desk (primarily) to manage their trading, with respect to rebalancing against model strategies and vendor benchmarks. Part b) is the interesting bit. We are writing it using an Excel front end and a Java EJB / J2EE back end. IMO, it's a brilliant strategy because the traders all know how to use Excel (obviously) and of course it enables them to do what they want with the results. All the business logic is contained in the Java beans in the back end and the data is retrieved and cached explicity using fairly forward Sybase stored procs.

It's working a treat.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Simster
      Personally my job has two functions: a) I support and enhance various trade entry systems to handle a multitude of FI, FX & currency products. In addition to which, we are b) in the processing of writing a whole suite of products specifically designed to enable the FI desk (primarily) to manage their trading, with respect to rebalancing against model strategies and vendor benchmarks. Part b) is the interesting bit. We are writing it using an Excel front end and a Java EJB / J2EE back end. IMO, it's a brilliant strategy because the traders all know how to use Excel (obviously) and of course it enables them to do what they want with the results. All the business logic is contained in the Java beans in the back end and the data is retrieved and cached explicity using fairly forward Sybase stored procs.

It's working a treat.
      Just make sure you remember the rewritables when you leave dimmo (for the next company)

Are you still working for goldmans?
      and despite your claims of hardship recently, I know u must be on a fair wedge my friend, beers are on you for the wednesday game at Sports Caff.

0 Not allowed!
      Ive found something very interesting.....

FREE access to vault guides from brooklyn college (usually they are expensive)

basically they are career and company profiles (including top 50 guides), VERY comprehensive. Simply log in with no password.

http://depthome.brooklyn.cuny.edu/ca...ents/vault.htm

0 Not allowed!
      Another company you could also reference is NTT DATA. Their services are somewhat similar to the ones provided by Accenture.

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure how I missed this thread. I worked for Accenture for 12 years up until last October when made redundant, prompting my move to Plzen. Was fine for me. Depends what role you have I guess, but the network operating centre was fine.