Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accenture

E

enigma

Anyone know anybody that works for them?

I'm thinking of applying to them but heard they work people very very hard.

Thanks.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Know somebody in Oz really work him hard .. always on a plane at short notice and expected to be in office next morn bright and breezy

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Work you very hard, I know someone there and they hate it. Apparently you are either stupidly busy, or doing nothing. Some people like the pressure of that though, and they pay very well. A mate of my sister's has been offered a graduate job there, £10,000 welcome bonus.

E

enigma

lost in london said:
Work you very hard, I know someone there and they hate it. Apparently you are either stupidly busy, or doing nothing. Some people like the pressure of that though, and they pay very well. A mate of my sister's has been offered a graduate job there, £10,000 welcome bonus.

Yeah thats what I'm tempted by, the money...

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
accenture = andersen consulting

very hard work, very long hours, reward only really there for the seniors.

depends v much on what your line of work is.

excel monkey fodder in my opinion

Don't they expect their employees to have their passport ready and a flight bag ready so they can travel anywhere, subject to visa requirements, at 2 hours notice? Or was that Anderson? Sure it was one of them.

Edit, note to self read all replies. Missed afters reply.

Steer clear of them, they work you very hard indeed. And quite frankly they're shite consultants anyway.

Last edited:

Life as a consultant is always going to be tough.

Most Accenture gigs these days tend to lean towards a longer engagement time which means there is less of 1 day here, next day there type work that was seen in the old Andreson days.

If your new to the game they will work you to very rigid processes which in some cases can work very well from an experience point of view.

I'd say that working for them (and that may mean quite hard a times) for a bit will stand you in good sted.

Then go and join someone else at a slower pace to enjoy work work life balance more :)

E

enigma

Another Berkshire Seagull said:
Life as a consultant is always going to be tough.

Most Accenture gigs these days tend to lean towards a longer engagement time which means there is less of 1 day here, next day there type work that was seen in the old Andreson days.

If your new to the game they will work you to very rigid processes which in some cases can work very well from an experience point of view.

I'd say that working for them (and that may mean quite hard a times) for a bit will stand you in good sted.

Then go and join someone else at a slower pace to enjoy work work life balance more :)

That's what I'm thinking- work hard for a few years, hopefully earn a lot of money, and then do something which is a bit less demanding time wise..

Of course, I actuallly have to get the job first :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
absolute dross.

The people that work at consultancies are the ones that didn't make the grade for Investment Banks usually.

Long hours, abysmal pay (whilst they're charging the client a fortune).
Working for accenture is like being a contractor with no tax benefits and shite pay.

Stay away.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I work for Capgemini on the Aspire contract (we look after Inland Revenue systems) - Accenture looks after the NIRS system (National Insurance Records System) which has interfaces with many of the IR systems. I've met some Accenture peeps in my travels - course we all work hard, but the rewards are there for those who progress ....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I work for Atos Origin, believe me Enigma it is really up to you to decide.

If you want to be a high flyer go for it as the rewards are exceprtionally good however you may not reap them till pension time.

Work is what you make it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was about to congratulate you for creating dwayne-fodder material and he'd be along soon enough to slate your prospective new employer but I see he has beaten me to it.

You have to appreciate that you're obviously not bright, smart, intelligent, stylish, arrogant, pretentious, head-up-your-own-arse enough to ever do what he does, so you may have to make do with whatever crap job opportunities come along. As such, if accenture is the best you can do, and you feel it is right, then you should go for it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Beach Hut said:
I work for Atos Origin, believe me Enigma it is really up to you to decide.

If you want to be a high flyer go for it as the rewards are exceprtionally good however you may not reap them till pension time.

Work is what you make it.

how can you be a high flyer and only be rewarded at pension time, the guy wants the dosh now!!

Forget Accenture and go and make your money now whilst your young, there's plenty out there. I can only speak from I-banking experience but when I was working at JPMorgan in the front office, I was with a bunch of contractors, half were accenture, half weren't. The ones at Accenture were on about 45 grand a year. We were raking in 400 a day and time and a half at weekends. I was gauranteed work after my contract was finished so had the security but wasn't getting mugged by a third party.

...but saying this a lot depends on what Industry you're in and what job you do?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bozza said:
I was about to congratulate you for creating dwayne-fodder material and he'd be along soon enough to slate your prospective new employer but I see he has beaten me to it.

You have to appreciate that you're obviously not bright, smart, intelligent, stylish, arrogant, pretentious, head-up-your-own-arse enough to ever do what he does, so you may have to make do with whatever crap job opportunities come along. As such, if accenture is the best you can do, and you feel it is right, then you should go for it.

Like I said I've worked with loads of Accenture guys and they're good, but all of them slated the company for being distant and not interested in their career, and they were getting half the money us regular contractors were for doing the same job.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dwayne said:
how can you be a high flyer and only be rewarded at pension time, the guy wants the dosh now!!

Forget Accenture and go and make your money now whilst your young, there's plenty out there. I can only speak from I-banking experience but when I was working at JPMorgan in the front office, I was with a bunch of contractors, half were accenture, half weren't. The ones at Accenture were on about 45 grand a year. We were raking in 400 a day and time and a half at weekends. I was gauranteed work after my contract was finished so had the security but wasn't getting mugged by a third party.

...but saying this a lot depends on what Industry you're in and what job you do?

It does depend on what you feel comfortable with and if you are a high flyer corporate you have to put the hours in so you reap the reward later on. Accepted you can go down the contracting route but not always guaranteed a revenue stream all the time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dwayne said:
Like I said I've worked with loads of Accenture guys and they're good, but all of them slated the company for being distant and not interested in their career, and they were getting half the money us regular contractors were for doing the same job.

That is the permie v contractor choice, it has little to do with a particular employer.

Just what are your extensive skillset and experience that has employers clamouring for your services, Thomas? It was not that long ago you were asking for Excel help on NSC to help you in a Bournemouth nursing home or something.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Beach Hut said:
It does depend on what you feel comfortable with and if you are a high flyer corporate you have to put the hours in so you reap the reward later on. Accepted you can go down the contracting route but not always guaranteed a revenue stream all the time.

Like I said it depends what line of work he's in.

If he's from an Investment Banking or IT background, generally speaking he'd be better off working directly for the company he's assigned to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here