Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley: Palace or Brighton territory?

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
Easy.
Being equidistant between Croydon and Brighton, was just wondering, for those of you who live/work in Crawley, whether you reckon there's more Palace or Brighton supporters in the town.

At school and every place I've worked at (not many) it seems to be roughly equally split. Although I see more Palace shirts around, Brighton is considered a localish team so there's a lot of interest in them.

Not sure if many people on here come from Crawley or if anyone wil reply. Have only just discovered NSC...am loving it. Am a student so have so much spare time on my hands! :drink: :drink:

P.S For those of you who don't live in Crawley please don't use this thread as an excuse to slag it off. It really is a wonderful place to live. :shootself

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Hey there mate I am a Crawley seagull, theres a few seagulls in the town, but sadly seen more Palarse and Chelski than us sadly. Then again I spent more of my childhood in Burgess Hill than Crawley as educated in the Mid Sussex Town. Then again could be just a misconception I have.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Coming from Balcombe (just to the south of Crawley) I can say with authority that Crawley is Palace and Haywards Heath is Albion. My little village marks watershed and is the furthest Northern outpost before enemy territory. But they're welcome to the chav dump that Crawley is (good for shops and jobs though, but hey that's what commuting was invented for). As someone once wrote, it' the very antithesis of scenic Sussex. Of course it's more home to Sky FC than anyone else these days but when I was a wee lad we went south to watch the beautiful game whilst anyone living further north went to London clubs.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
everywhere seems to be Chelsea all of a sudden

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
CRAWLEY IS FULL OF COCKERNEE REJECTS its overrun with all the glory hunters crippled pallets,spurts, chelscum, arseholenals and even queens park wankers

but HORSHAM IS THE TRUE FRONTIER

seagulls rule horsham

crawley is for creeps

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
Saw a list of the top 10 wost places to live in the country the other week and Crawley wasn't in it, so joke's on you.

It's not all glory hunting cockney rejects. I reckon there's almost as many Brighton as Palace. Bit like the West bank or the Gaza strip in some respects.

Chelsea everywhere though!

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Crawley 'Gull said:
Saw a list of the top 10 wost places to live in the country the other week and Crawley wasn't in it, so joke's on you.

It's not all glory hunting cockney rejects. I reckon there's almost as many Brighton as Palace. Bit like the West bank or the Gaza strip in some respects.

Every time i visit Crawley its Palace and Chelsea shirts i see most

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Crawley 'Gull said:

No, sorry Crawley is far more London clubs than Albion with Palace followed by Arsenal-Chelsea-Spurs support cycle according to who's doing best and because of family ties - it was afterall a London New Town so you'd expect that. But the Seagulls it ain't as a town though of course there are some like you. Unlike HH to the south which is definately more Albion than Palace. Balcombe, pop.2000, is definately more Albion, I did a house to house survey on my paperound as a boy and in the pub during my teens.......94.86% to be precise.......

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I wouldn't be surprised if there as many Palace in HH as there are Brighton.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Crawley is a disgrace. It should be thrown out of Sussex and made part of London.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here