Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing why oh why

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Is it just me or has Worthing gone downhill one hell of a lot in the last few years. It's never been the most happening of places but i used to have apretty good time in it nights out wise when i was 18 - 23/24 but on my last rip back i couldn't believe it , just seems to have become populated with legions of chavs. I remeber noticing it a bit after i moved to Lewes but it seems worse than ever.

All the half decent pubs seem to have disapeared and even Rutherfords had declined if that is possible.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Goring Gull said:
Is it just me or has Worthing gone downhill one hell of a lot in the last few years. It's never been the most happening of places but i used to have apretty good time in it nights out wise when i was 18 - 23/24 but on my last rip back i couldn't believe it , just seems to have become populated with legions of chavs. I remeber noticing it a bit after i moved to Lewes but it seems worse than ever.

All the half decent pubs seem to have disapeared and even Rutherfords had declined if that is possible.

I think you're looking through rose-tinted spectacles. My memories of Worthing stretch back to the mid-60s, and I don't remember a time when it wasn't a dump.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Flattening Terville Gate has improved it a little.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
What I remember of Worthing (and surrounding area, inc Lancing, Durrington, Goring etc) is that it has always been a complete and utter dump. I live for about a year in the Tarring area, and I can honestly say it was the worst year of my life.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I like living here in Worthing. There are so many old confused pensioners that builders like me can con out of their life savings. Its been a profitable town for me so far.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
It indeed does still smell of seaweed and its a lovely aroma when you walk along the prom. What of course us Worthing folk miss out on when we go for our seaside stroll is the many hyperdermic syringes you see so often in the shelters of Brighton and Hove. My kids used to love to collect them when they were toddlers and play with them.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
How can you say Goring is a dump i grew up and used to live just south of the Bull pub though it was nice place to live, bit boring though.

Just think the town centre has gone downhill

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Worthing is better than Littlehampton , Bognor . . .not saying much I know.

Alot of inbreds go out there but there are still good places to go for an evening to avoid the knuckle draggers

The warwick now has an over 25 policy which is good
The Parrot is good to watch the scores come in and is a better crowd.
If you venture to the Yates , Toad etc then yeah there are knobs but also lots of loose women. Liquid Lounge is alright and Tides is good for grab a granny.

Brighton is another level but Worthing is ok for convenience . . its not all bad

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
worthing is ok for ur average night out, nice and local etc, but yes no good clubs really

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Ive got to say I think the bigger coastal towns of west Sussex have gone downhill over the last 20 years . Worthing is not so bad, but the amount of chavs in Bognor Regis and parts of Littlehampton is grim, and much worse than Brighton.

Even some of the nicer inland West Sussex towns like Horsham have struggled to hold on to the character they once had.

I get the impression west Sussex is generally now too overdeveloped, but to me east Sussex is coming back into its own, as it has a much nicer more rural feel about it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't think Worthing has gone too far down hill. It's one of those places that you just don't realise how bad it is till you move out and then go back and visit!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Worthing pubs on south street is like one big night at the Event every 17 year old tw@t under the sun - minute your over 19/20 avoid like the plague.

Didn't realise Warwick was obver 25's now- good call.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here