Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia -Day 5

Weather here in S.London is close, low cloud, no breaks, looks like a thunderstorm brewing..............I reckon they'll be off got for bad light almost as soon as Ponting lobs the ball to Mcgrath............

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just watched the build up and cannot see it myself. Looked fine to me. Though if you are there then I guess you would know slightly better then me.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
London Calling said:
Are they playing, I am at Tower Bridge about 3 miles west, looks grey.

LC

Just started, Vaughn just hit it for 4

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Any predictions of the outcome?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Pavilionaire said:
Any predictions of the outcome?

We will bat them out the game.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Clearing up in central London. Out my window, the Post Office tower is in mostly blue sky.

We need to get over 250 and bat for at least 50 overs. With around 100 overs of play scheduled, this is almost a '50 overs each' one-dayer… UNLESS we bat more than 50 overs. Then the balance starts to tip more and more our way.

It's going to be a nervous morning, but I think we should be ok.

Basically if there is aminimum of 98 overs today we must bat for at least 50 of them. Hopefully we can stay at the wicket until at least tea, we know the aussies we also not want to be beaten. Losing 3-1 to England will be seen as a thrashing.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Think we need to bat until at least tea.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Why do they not open the gates at say 8am? 20 minutes played and still there are massive queues to get in.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we bat until Tea then it should take about 60 overs. We should have a lead of about 240 by then so it should take about 7 or 8 per over to beat us. I think the Aussies will definitely go for it - so it should be entertaining. Of course, if it gets too close at the end then we have a couple of Australian precedents to fall back on - bowling full and wide of the stumps or bowling underarm.

If in doubt just ask Glen McGrath for advice.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
its as good as over even if warney does weave his magic this is all over bar the shouting.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
its over. we've won the ashes, get the bubbly open!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
Why do they not open the gates at say 8am? 20 minutes played and still there are massive queues to get in.

Because they are idiots and are probably chekcing that nobody has more than 4 cans of lager on them.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Stumpy Tim said:
Australia won't bat again this series. We'll be 5 down with a couple of hours or so, and it will be over

agree.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here