Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Jordan in the Observer today

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Did I imagine it or didn't Gradi take the Palace job a few years ago but quit and went back to Crewe after 24 hours? Would explain Jordan's apparently irrational dislike of Gradi :lol:

Yes, you did imagine it! Dario was at Palace (and Wimbledon) before he joined Crewe. The only time he's ever come close to quitting over the last 23 years is when he was offered the FA Technical Director job - but Howard Wilkinson got it instead.

Tom Hark said:
To be fair, Gradi had a pop at Jordan first.

To be equally fair, in any other walk of life, a manager who'd been in the same job for twenty years and had not done anything more than help his club tread water would be sneered at for lack of ambition.

To be fair, that is the biggest load of f***ing shite I've seen on this board. Gradi didn't have a pop at Jordan - some cliched journalist asked him if he would leave Crewe for a 'bigger job' eg Palace. Dario said he wouldn't because Jordan would probably sack him.

And...'TREADING WATER'!!!! The side that had to be re-elected about 7 times between 1975 and 1985, that was frequently getting crowds under 2000, that has never seen the kind of success that Dario has achieved for us. This is the most successful time our club will ever have and you call it 'treading water'? Some people's lack of knowledge about football really amazes me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here