Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks to the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

As some of you well know I spend most of the winter months supporting the Albion home and away and also running ASC Strikers a Youth Football Team including managing one age group and being overall club manager. We are based in Shoreham and quite a few posters have also played for or against ASC Strikers during their early football careers.

Next season we will have Under 8s, 9s, 10s, 12s, 14s and 16s - around 100 players so we forever face the problems of funding, remaining solvent, providing a great football club for children and the ever increasing costs for new kits.

This year we have 5 kits that are now over 5 years old and require replacing so I applied to REMF for some funding and the fabulous news is we will receive funds to purchase two new football kits for the Under 8s and Under 9s.

I would like to personally thank the trustees of REMF and all you wonderful people on NSC who have contributed to REMF over the years.

This will make a lot of kids very happy and I can guarantee the small badges REMF will supply to be sewn on the kit will be worn with pride.

Thanks once again to REMF and all those who are administering it and those that have contributed - each and every one of you deserves a big pat on the back.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fantastic news, keep up the good work and all the best for next season.

BTW, send any that look decent to the Albion, don't let anyone else get their hands on them...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Excellent work Beachy, a pint of Derby's finest wife battering intoxication for you at Pride Park I think.

Nice to see the ALBION being promoted to local kids, the need it to cope with all the Premiership brain washing that I see my nephews having to endure.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rougvie said:
Excellent work Beachy, a pint of Derby's finest wife battering intoxication for you at Pride Park I think.

Nice to see the ALBION being promoted to local kids, the need it to cope with all the Premiership brain washing that I see my nephews having to endure.

Might need to save that pint as I am off to Turkey on Monday for two weeks.

ASC Strikers is a fantastic platform for kids to play football and get involved - next season Junior's U14s (who I manage very badly:lolol: ) will have 11 players out of a squad of 17 who have been with me since Under 8s.

Band of Brothers

:clap2: :clap2:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...and that Beach Hut is how the Dutch clubs Ajax and PSV run things, they get them young and build team spirit and skills at the same time, seems to see them right.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are there any more cash raising events planned for the near future?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dick Knights Mum said:
My lot (Steyning Strikers) play ASC Strikers U16. Great bunch of boys playing football in the right spirit.

It's a small world as my mate manages them Alex !

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Robert would be proud of what we've achieved.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
dougdeep said:
Are there any more cash raising events planned for the near future?
Every year, there is at least one football match and one golf match against palace supporters to help swell the coffers for the REMF. Both of these annual fixtures have been played already this year. However, I think there may be an auction coming up in the future. Maybe Gareth, Roz or Lord B. could confirm this.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Great news. It is good to see that good is coming out of that tragic day.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Is REMF still sponsoring a football club in New York, does anyone know?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
excellent stuff . . .and in my home town too :clap2:

although I was a left winger for Steyning strikers in my yoof

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dick Knights Mum said:
Nice bloke. We played a couple of games against them last season.

I think the U15s got an invite to your tourmnament as well so good alliance between local clubs.

You can thank Steyning Strikers for that as they enjoyed it very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here