Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff to snap up Robinson

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Cardiff manager Lennie Lawrence is close to sealing a deal to bring former Charlton midfielder John Robinson to Ninian Park.

However, Lawrence has revealed talks to recruit Tottenham's Gary Doherty are at a preliminary stage.

"I have spoken to John and the deal is perhaps only a couple of days away from being completed," said Lawrence, who is giving a trial to released Bolton player Michael Byrne.

"Talks with Gary Doherty are at a less advanced stage and it's going to be a bit more complicated because there will be a fee involved."

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought so. The lack of news was worrying.

Attachments

• wardyDT FINAL.jpg
    wardyDT FINAL.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 9

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Money talks i guess, they must be giving him much more than we offered to make him up sticks and move to Wales, thats if we offered anything at all ofcourse?...
:mad:

Saddam Knight & Osama Bin Perry Out Now... Up the ARS!
:clap:

Attachments

• England Zulu's.jpg
    England Zulu's.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Kenyan Zulu's.jpg
    Kenyan Zulu's.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 20
  • hyypia2.jpg
    hyypia2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 221

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
There must be an extremely slow learning curve for the board at BHAFC. They spent all summer doing f-all about getting a manager last year. This year they've learned that lesson, but don't seem to remember that players are also an important part of a team's success...:nono:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Our main priority is strikers. From todays Argus:

"As far as I'm concerned I have definitely got to get two forwards. I can get away with almost everything else, because the squad is so flexible."

Coppell needs more firepower, with Bobby Zamora's future still uncertain. One option could be signing a striker from a Premiership club on an extended loan.

"Like most Second and Third Division managers I have been making calls to Premiership clubs to see who they will allow out on loan, but those decisions will not be made for another two or three weeks," Coppell said.

"The economic climate is such that the loan market is going to be important to everybody in the lower divisions. I think a lot will be looking to do year-long loans.

"Premiership clubs have squads of 30, 40 and in some cases 50 players, so there are going to be players available, but you have got to identify the right ones and a lot of them you cannot afford."

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
The priority definitely is strikers but we still definitely need a creative wide player now that Brooker has gone.

The fact that Robinson looks certain to go to Cardiff is really bad news, especially now that the Hunt deal looks off.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very bad news if we lose out on Robbo... if we signed him, we could at least push Harty back into a striking role... Robbo supplying Zammo would have been a dream come true...

Let's make a last ditch effort to sign him... give us fans something to shout about on the new player front for a change...

The likely failure to sign Hunt is also bad news... looked like a good replacement for Brooker the Leicester Reserve...

Can't really blame the board for the lack of signings to date... Sir Stevie knew the budget, and it is in his very capable hands now... expect to see some movement pretty soon... please!...

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
piercy maybe given his chance, and pitcher too(rumour has it that Coppell likes him), even with that, we still need an extra midfielder just incase

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Not good news at all!
I was rearly convinced robinson was a cert and he stated it,but its obvious we don't make any effort to sign decent players on a free.

We must be the most useless club when it comes to getting organised grrrrrrr.

Or maybe its just knight :p :yawn: :yawn:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
berkshire seagull said:
Not good news at all!
I was rearly convinced robinson was a cert and he stated it,but its obvious we don't make any effort to sign decent players on a free.

We must be the most useless club when it comes to getting organised grrrrrrr.

Or maybe its just knight :p :yawn: :yawn:

I am confident that Coppell can get things organised - he just needs Dick Tight to give him the money! It looks like the Budget is shit again!:nono: :mad:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe SC is not as keen on Robinson as we are, Can't believe we
wouldn't talk to him if SC was interested. Everyone blames Knight, but I think SC is his own man and will not be influenced by what we think or want. I'll withold judgement until I see who we sign. Next Ian Wright anyone..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK... I'm trying to be patient, but the other div 2 clubs are taking action NOW... we seem to be watching from the sidelines again as the best players are snapped up... last year was worse, but we really need to get our fcuking act together, or we will screw the close season up for the second time running...

BHA... WAKE UP!... ACT NOW!... STOP FCUKING ABOUT...

SH1T... I've snapped!...

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Christ we waited ages for coppell to sign and now its been a month and nout has happened and yes the players are being snapped up yet again.
Losing out to robinson is the last straw and i would love to no the truth when it comes out.:mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here