Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most pointless Subbuteo add on you had?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
numbers where stupid because they always came off on your fingers

silliest of all was an orange ball for playing on the snow . . . .no one had a white pitch did they?

I had that 5 a side thing with the walls as well . . . .quality, the ball would go round and round for ages. . . .

my Joe Corrigan in Brightons goal got broken so many times the glue build up meant he only had one mono-leg :lolol:

how is my subbuteo Dave?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I had the original west ham team and put Humbrol Black Paint on one of them to be Clyde Best!!!

I could never get the numbers to stay on

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
excellent Zef.....!!!

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
zefarelly said:
silliest of all was an orange ball for playing on the snow . . . .no one had a white pitch did they?
?

Popkins did! :lolol:

Talc2.jpg

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The different balls were brilliant, my favourite was the ones with the black hexagons on that looked like they were from 1970s.

BEST ADD ON?
My Italia 90 style goals..you know the ones that went out square at the back..made every goal look amazing.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My cousins had a tooheys beer seller for their world series cricket set - he was in a little ice cream van - funny thing was the set was marketed for ages 7 and up :lol:

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
i purchased the AMAZING ! THE BALL STAYS IN THE NET, it was supposed to end all disputes in case the ball came back off the stanchon. it was actually a piece of double sided sticky tape to be affixed on the net or behind the goal line. 20p in 1972.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
cheeseroll said:
i purchased the AMAZING ! THE BALL STAYS IN THE NET, it was supposed to end all disputes in case the ball came back off the stanchon. it was actually a piece of double sided sticky tape to be affixed on the net or behind the goal line. 20p in 1972.

Why do the premier league bother toying with the idea of video refs when that could solve every dispute!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we used to get bollocked by my mum for putting drawing pins in the table when I got my world cup goals, with the little loops to hold the net out :cool:

Richie Morris said:
The different balls were brilliant, my favourite was the ones with the black hexagons on that looked like they were from 1970s.

BEST ADD ON?
My Italia 90 style goals..you know the ones that went out square at the back..made every goal look amazing.

I had them as well, they were couloured green red and white for the italian flag! Oh happy days.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
the worst part was the pitch.Our carpets were wonky causing all sorts of trouble

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Did anyone used to force they're younger brothers into placing a weeks pocket money wager on the match, then cheat in order to win it? ???

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Italiaseagull said:
Did anyone used to force they're younger brothers into placing a weeks pocket money wager on the match, then cheat in order to win it? ???

I was the younger brother in my house and my brother is 6ft 8 and about 17 stone now...so this was NOT big or clever in m opinon.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Brixtaan said:
the worst part was the pitch.Our carpets were wonky causing all sorts of trouble

What was the name of that expensive rolled up pitch which always came out flat - the Subbuteo equivalent of Astroturf? That would have solved your problems Brixtaan. Only the posh kids with rich folks had that in my experience.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
dave the gaffer said:
in the World Cup Edition ( 1972) you got a whistle, which drove my parents to distraction.

Also, the floodlights. Anyone try to play in the dark with just the floodlights on! No

The floodlights were the absolute bollox!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I had Subbuteo Rugby - and I f***ing HATE rugby. Now that was useless.

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I had a scoreboard - you could slot in cardboard names of the teams and the goals scored were on a sort of flywheel affair. Problem was it only went up to 9 for each team.

Most of my games used to finish 32-28 or something similar.
Thats what I used to love - the realsim!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here