Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most pointless Subbuteo add on you had?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What was the crapest add on to the pitch etc. I had a couple of terraces and a few fans (m pocket money would not allow for the purchase of enough packs of fans to fill the terrace and thus warrant a seated area). bearing in mind my ground resembled a county league one it seemed stupid of me to purchase the TV Tower...but purchase it I did..must have been for South Today or something...

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I had the tv tower too !!!!!!

so i'll go for the little pickett fence.
great thread.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
definitely the thrown in figures, they truely were a waste of time, I seem to recall they broke rather easily as well.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I had one floodlight in one corner :p Came in a set of two but I sat on one of them the day I bought it!

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Throw in and corner takers were so funny, about twice the size of a normal player, also the corner ones could kick it f***ing miles.

I had the fence, that was a waste of time, also had the European cup which was again double the player size, and even went so far as to have stick on numbers on the back of some teams

Anyone have the Brazil team? they were always painted all black!

Also hated the noise when u stepped on a player and crushed him, u could hear everyone of their plastic bones snap!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
in the World Cup Edition ( 1972) you got a whistle, which drove my parents to distraction.

Also, the floodlights. Anyone try to play in the dark with just the floodlights on! No

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I had a team in tracksuits !

What were you supposed to do with them? Warm up? just have them out on the pitch while you were having your dinner and waiting to play?

I also had a bench with manager, physio etc sat on it. Took ages to balance them carefully, and would knock them over again within seconds.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I had the works - fence, scoreboard, TV tower and pitchside crew, ambulance crew, several chunks of terracing (including the corners) with hundreds of supporters which I painted and glued onto them, floodlights, the bloody lot. Time you'd set the lot up you couldn't get near the bloody pitch to play the game. Had some pretty rare teams too, like Boavista and Peru. :blush:

Absolutely no sodding idea what happened to it all.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gritt23 said:

I also had a bench with manager, physio etc sat on it. Took ages to balance them carefully, and would knock them over again within seconds.

I stuck mine down on it with U-Hu glue.

I had the numbers for the back as well and yes, all my brazil team were black.

I remember customising certain players, like putting a dob of glue on a man u players head to make it took like a bald bobby charlton.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Gritt23 said:

I glued them on Gritty! It meant you got a blob of smoky plastic on the bench under their tiny arses, where the glue reacted with it, but at least they didn't fall off every 15 seconds.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I had enough Terraces to fill 2 sides of the pitch but I never had anyone sat in them - Poor old Subbuteo players must have been like playing for Wimbledon.

I also had the European cup - Why I don't know it was massive in comparison to the players.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I remember one of my liverpool players broke so i glued him back on and he was ever shorter so he was Peter Beardsley straight away, quality

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Richie Morris said:

I had the numbers for the back as well and yes, all my brazil team were black.

I remember customising certain players, like putting a dob of glue on a man u players head to make it took like a bald bobby charlton.

Yep - numbers too. I painted Steve Foster's headband on! Christ, I'm feeling sadder by the minute. At least I'm among friends, by the sound of things!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Halftime score board, it was so fiddly to get all the scores in, I trashed it eventually rubbish add on !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what about the bails on the Subbuteo Cricket game. You could never get them to stay on and if you did, when you bowled ( Bowler with a triangle attached to his base which you twanged at the bat) if it hit the green crease bit, they would fall off again!!!

ARSE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here