Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans United at the Racecourse - my report

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
"Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies, YOO FAT DRAGON, YOO FAT DRAGON, You ate all the pies!!"

:lolol: :lolol: :clap: :clap: :lolol: :lolol:

Ynysmonred

May 8, 2004
Brighton Fans can I just say

DIOLCH YN FAWR IAWN

As I posted on Red Passion, my five year old son turned to me before kick off and said "Dad, why are you crying?".

By the way - I saw a guy in a Watford shirt in the Sainsbury's Stand

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just been told a Tranmere fan was there too

so
Watford
Tranmere

to add to the list!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ynysmonred said:
Brighton Fans can I just say

DIOLCH YN FAWR IAWN

As I posted on Red Passion, my five year old son turned to me before kick off and said "Dad, why are you crying?".

By the way - I saw a guy in a Watford shirt in the Sainsbury's Stand

Was that after the third goal went in...

:lolol: :clap:

SAFClad

Nov 22, 2004
I know a few sunderland lads that went, sadly I couldnt come down to show my support due to family reason. As they are unavailable to do it at the mo they have asked me to post a message of thanks...They said they were made to feel very welcome indeed and say that they hope the 100 quid they spent is spent wisely and hope it saves the Racecourse

Well done to all those who showed support even if not a Dragons fan...there was also a banner at the SoL yesterday that said "Dont let the fat cats win..." and Wrexham has been added to the list it has on. (it also has ANY club that has been in financial hardship or threatend by fat cats basically)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
SAFClad said:
I know a few sunderland lads that went, sadly I couldnt come down to show my support due to family reason. As they are unavailable to do it at the mo they have asked me to post a message of thanks...They said they were made to feel very welcome indeed and say that they hope the 100 quid they spent is spent wisely and hope it saves the Racecourse

Well done to all those who showed support even if not a Dragons fan...there was also a banner at the SoL yesterday that said "Dont let the fat cats win..." and Wrexham has been added to the list it has on. (it also has ANY club that has been in financial hardship or threatend by fat cats basically)

Sunderland - you have always been a great club and living in the North East I know how loyal you guys are - especially compared to those minging magpies up the road!!!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Thanks for showing support and also for the wonderful messages today on Ready to Go.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I know and Bury and Cambridge United both did the day proud with official demonstrations of support

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Absolutely amazing each and every one of you.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Richie, I still can't believe how much money we raised mate. Shivers down the spine, and not just from the cold.

Keep that money safe, though fella. I don't trust you :lolol: Reckon it's all been a big ruse! :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
eastlondonseagull said:
Absolutely amazing each and every one of you.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Richie, I still can't believe how much money we raised mate. Shivers down the spine, and not just from the cold.

Keep that money safe, though fella. I don't trust you :lolol: Reckon it's all been a big ruse! :lolol:

No good posting, Richie was seen boarding a 757 at Gatwick 20 minutes ago ... he was heard to mutter "Mine, all mine!"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Richie Morris said:
I banked the cash today which was £260 and collected money bags so I can take the rest down to the bank, probably thursday morning.
:dunce: don't you mean banked the notes mate :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thats the one. Banked the notes. The coins are going in on Thursday.

Eastlondonseagull, pm me your address and full name and I will get a cheque off to you.

neilwxm

Nov 4, 2004
Isle of Man
Saturday at Wrexham

Just a BIG thank you from a Manx Wrexham supporter, you lot are stars and deserve all the support we can give you, anything I can do over here in the Isle of Man just let me know, and I'll do my best to help.

Neil in Manx

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Saturday at Wrexham

neilwxm said:
Just a BIG thank you from a Manx Wrexham supporter, you lot are stars and deserve all the support we can give you, anything I can do over here in the Isle of Man just let me know, and I'll do my best to help.

Neil in Manx

Just concentrate on your own club for now mate. at present your need is greater than ours. If there is a god up there somewhere you will keep your ground and we will get ours :angel:

Rod Thomas

Dec 29, 2003
Liverpool
OTLW told me to post this so I will. Ynsmonred are you familiar with this tale?
It was about 2.30 and I realised I had no cash on me and obviously no ticket. I wandered around the ground in search of the ticket office. When I got there a long queue had formed and so I asked a steward near the front of it if they were accepting card payments. It turned out they didn't and so I asked him where the nearest cashpoint was. He said he did not know I would probably have to walk into town. I turned in despair and was just about to begin the run into town when a man in the queue shouted 'hey, come here'. He asked me if I was from Brighton to which I revealed my shirt under my red top. He pulled out a £20 note and said 'here you go, thanks for coming'. I said I couldn't take his money, so he (Gary) gave me his mobile number and said I can sort out paying him back later. Then I ran round to the PGS for the game.
I got back and called Gary about 8.30. He said he was busy at that particular moment and would call me back shortly. I then tuned into 5 live for the extensive (!) coverage of the Wrexham situation (in which you did very well Nic, with what little time you had).
Gary called back shortly after and said he was sorry but he had just been speaking on 5 live! We sorted out the payment details and then had a little chat about the day. He was sitting directly opposite us and said it was brilliant to look up and see a little group of blue and white in the PGS. He was speaking about what an emotional day it was and said that he was standing up about 5 minutes before kick-off when his son turned to him and said 'Daddy, why are you crying?' which summed up it for me.
He was ever so grateful and wished us all the best for the season.
I have just sent him £40 and will ask him to put £20 into the supporters trust.
What a nice little story eh? If not very well told!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Rod Thomas said:
OTLW told me to post this so I will. Ynsmonred are you familiar with this tale?
It was about 2.30 and I realised I had no cash on me and obviously no ticket. I wandered around the ground in search of the ticket office. When I got there a long queue had formed and so I asked a steward near the front of it if they were accepting card payments. It turned out they didn't and so I asked him where the nearest cashpoint was. He said he did not know I would probably have to walk into town. I turned in despair and was just about to begin the run into town when a man in the queue shouted 'hey, come here'. He asked me if I was from Brighton to which I revealed my shirt under my red top. He pulled out a £20 note and said 'here you go, thanks for coming'. I said I couldn't take his money, so he (Gary) gave me his mobile number and said I can sort out paying him back later. Then I ran round to the PGS for the game.
I got back and called Gary about 8.30. He said he was busy at that particular moment and would call me back shortly. I then tuned into 5 live for the extensive (!) coverage of the Wrexham situation (in which you did very well Nic, with what little time you had).
Gary called back shortly after and said he was sorry but he had just been speaking on 5 live! We sorted out the payment details and then had a little chat about the day. He was sitting directly opposite us and said it was brilliant to look up and see a little group of blue and white in the PGS. He was speaking about what an emotional day it was and said that he was standing up about 5 minutes before kick-off when his son turned to him and said 'Daddy, why are you crying?' which summed up it for me.
He was ever so grateful and wished us all the best for the season.
I have just sent him £40 and will ask him to put £20 into the supporters trust.
What a nice little story eh? If not very well told!

Graham

I think that one tale alone sums up the whole day and experience

Will see you and stand with you at another match soon - after all we are making a habit of this!

Last edited:

neilwxm

Nov 4, 2004
Isle of Man
Whatever is going on at Wrexham, I think the whole of Wrexham was touched by your support for our cause. For that we will, no matter what our circumstances are, always have time to help Brighton supporters, and for that matter any supporters who we can help, you have shown us that it doesn't matter who you support, if there is an injustice being done, united we will WIN the fight.

Neil in Manx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here