Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewes Bus Shuttle Service question for tomorrow

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Morning

Asking 'for a friend', but going to park at Lewes Saturday and get the bus shuttle service in and out to the game.

On the website it says after the match ...."Post-match pick up from the A27 eastbound bus stop"

Where exactly is that bus stop in relation to the ground?

Know I'm being lazy, because I should really follow my nose after the game, but a heads-up would be great from anyone on here!

Thanks in advance

:rave:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Morning

It’s the bus stop where the 28/29 bus to Lewes stops. Go under the subway , then follow the footpath to the right which then follows the A27 . The bus stop is just before the slip road up to Falmer . On Google maps the stop is called Falmer Station even though it’s on the opposite side of the road . I’m sure there will be signs up at the ground directing you there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
a132ce5bfc399bad2ba97ef780e84f5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
morning

it’s the bus stop where the 28/29 bus to lewes stops. Go under the subway , then follow the footpath to the right which then follows the a27 . The bus stop is just before the slip road up to falmer . On google maps the stop is called falmer station even though it’s on the opposite side of the road . I’m sure there will be signs up at the ground directing you there

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

thanks sir!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
thanks sir!

Never mind the bus you might want to enquire of your ' friend ' where he plans to park in Lewes? I can see the world and his wife trying that and the only solution being that you will need to park up ridiculously early in relation to kick off time. And then that's not withstanding the bundle for the shuttle buses. I can actually see Lewes taxis making a killing by running little trips to the ground.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Never mind the bus you might want to enquire of your ' friend ' where he plans to park in Lewes? I can see the world and his wife trying that and the only solution being that you will need to park up ridiculously early in relation to kick off time. And then that's not withstanding the bundle for the shuttle buses. I can actually see Lewes taxis making a killing by running little trips to the ground.

Have you parked at lewes for a match before or when there has been train strikes ? IIts busy but Lewes has multiple car parks, the station car park, and lots of street parking. It copes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

On street/housing estate parking in Lewes (west of the prison) within an easy hour’s walk also an option, same in Woodingdean, Ditchling Beacon etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also 'asking for a friend' - has anyone walked from Lewes to Falmer and back on a match day? If so, roughly how long did it take you each way?

Under 4 miles if you park near the prison, around an hour subject to pace obviously. Cycle path on the northern side (eastbound) of the A27 all the way to the Swan.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Have you parked at lewes for a match before or when there has been train strikes ? IIts busy but Lewes has multiple car parks, the station car park, and lots of street parking. It copes.

Yes I have particularly when in the past the free train didn't extend as far east as eastbourne. Even on a normal match day the station car park gets full quickly and £6 odd for the privilege :(

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes I have particularly when in the past the free train didn't extend as far east as eastbourne. Even on a normal match day the station car park gets full quickly and £6 odd for the privilege :(

Yes. And the street parking / meters near the station have become more expensive recently. (although its only a couple of hours on Saturday) - so agreed, its more of a struggle if you're looking for free parking but there's still a fair bit of it within reasonable walking distance to the station and plenty if you're prepared to pay. The station car park has always been the most expensive. There are other , cheaper alternatives.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I used to park in Lewes all the time for games…….later ko should be ok in one of those a bit further away. I tended to use the one by the river towards the bottom of North St. Cheaper too.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What route did you take? . . . not along the grass verge of the A27 shirley?

No need to be walking on any grass verges as there's a foot/cycle path on the north side of the road the whole way. Though on a dark evening I can't imagine that walk being such fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here