Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any other old gits build Lego kits?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I follow Emma Kennedy’s Lego build twitter feed, fun with bricks ( she is bonkers)

But I never really got any lego stuff when I was young so I started buying stuff lately.

Fathers day present just finished

6A9D9116-A61A-433F-B0D4-72D1C6AC646B.jpeg

Huge Ferrari….took me months!

93D86D38-D362-40D8-99D5-296573CBDDEF.jpeg

Nice motor bike…took about 2 months.

Still do wooden ships and trams - latest creation…Endurance, Earnest Shackleton’s ship.

F75CB62A-4C53-4C4C-AF12-98853DA11344.jpeg
4D07E16E-52C2-40F8-AFCA-521535CA1A0E.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Doesn’t look like the Lego I remember

Lego technic and Lego creator.

A lot of Lego these days are actual specific kits although you can get the bricks/windows/doors etc boxes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought that every parent's lasting memories of lego is 'F*** THAT HURTS' when they leave bricks lying all round the house :wink:

(I like the boat)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My youngest son (now 19) loved Lego, he asked for a police station one Christmas, this kit was pretty big and probably too advanced for him at the time.
I helped him put it together (built it myself more like) :) a few days later the police station had Lego Star Wars figures lined up on the roof.
A few weeks later he dismantled the police station and the bricks etc ended up in his tub of assorted Lego.

Fast forward two years and he asked for a Lego Police station for his birthday, I told him he had one if he sorted out the bits and built it. He said they had a new version out now (looked the same to me) :facepalm::)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
My 6 year old grandson loves Lego, he's already doing stuff aimed at 15 year olds'.
For Christmas he's asked for "some Lego that I need to follow the instructions on".

He is however not an old git, so this may be irrelevant to this thread.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This thread is way off into modeling.

Lego had about 6 different bricks (maybe 12 if you included the single things) and resided in one of these which was made of metal and was huge

lego.jpg

If it doesn't have sharp corners it's not lego. It's as bad as a Porsche with 4 doors :facepalm:

Stewie

Feb 22, 2009
I love it, currently building the Ferrari Daytona. I had a collection when I was younger that my sister and her friend kindly smashed up and my parents dumped it all into a couple of boxes. Spent a few weeks a few summers ago sorting and rebuilding them and that got me back into it again.

I have a collection of Technic and Creator Expert models that have filled the wardrobe in our spare room, so have a storage box arriving on Friday to put some in out of the way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:bigwave:

Tend to do the prestige ones - the big millenium falcon, mos eisley, ghostbusters firehouse, 66 batcave, ghostbusters car, Friends apartment/central perk, Daily bugle etc. Have a ViP membership with lego for l=points that can be used as discounts on later purchases. Only have so much space, so I'm constantly taking them down to create more space for the next build.

They're shortly going to discontinue the disney castle set and the Imperial star destroyer sets, getting serious FOMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here