Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Over excited?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm not worried about RDZ as such. He is very exciting and will carry on the good work by potter.

I'm worried that we will sell all our best players. It's a very fine line. Losing cucu and Biss was already too much. Now you have papers telling us that trossard and caciedo have already gone or touting them for other side's

Before that arsenal match last season we were rubbish for a long time. Potter got lucky that he played caciedo and the rest is history.

Look at Ajax. Great team the last few years. Have now sold all their best players and are utter garbage. Please tony don't let that happen to us.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

theboybilly

I was delirious at 2-0 on Saturday and then worried sick when Liverpool got lucky with VAR to get that goal back. It seemed to stop us in our tracks. But fair play, we stuck to it despite Liverpool upping their game and in the end I thought we thoroughly deserved our point - a point largely gained through RDZ's substitutions. I'm very optimistic, it's going to be exciting for sure

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If you can’t be over-excited now, probably might as well stop watching.

This.

I’m excited because I don’t have to put up with our manager being linked with every higher job going, at least for a while anyway.

Check out the Athletic podcast on RDZ, this guy is going to be fun. My only concern is if he is too rigid in his tactics ala Bielsa.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don’t know why but I do feel extremely excited. This guy seems to show a passion for football and the players already seem to be enjoying it. Who knows what is going to happen it could have easily gone pear shaped under Potter as could do under RDZ but equally it could be an amazing season and I think it’s going to be fun whatever happens.

I think it was the “cat that got the cream” look on Tony Bloom’s face when he was introducing RDZ as our new head coach. It definitely was not the look of a chairmen who thought everything that he had been building was about to go tits up.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I’m definitely excited. Hughton laid the foundations, Potter laid the bricks and mortar now RDZ is here to put the roof on. All three managers integral to our progress. Let’s enjoy it while we are good, roll on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Very excited here too, all looking good to continue our steady rise.

Cant wait for Saturday!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I was miserable the week Potter left. My grandson had a nasty bug for a week and the queen died. A week of varying degrees of grey clouds that wouldn't lift. Under excited at that point. As RDZ hove in to view and I had a new name upon which to focus, things improved and although I still had a Potter shaped hole in my life, the more I read about RDZ, the more I became excited about what he could add to our players. One match later and the prospect of turning over Spurs by a couple of goals to go third - yes, I have probably become a little over excited. There will be opportunities to be over pessimistic in the future, but it's natural when the team is going well to get over excited, over optimistic and hopeful beyond all logic. Surely that's why we are fans - for the buzz during the good times which often only last as long as the last match. Just ask Leicester fans. We have to be over excited when the team is doing well otherwise what's the point of being a supporter if you are going to repress the joy because it can't last.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If we beat Tottenham by 2 goals I think I may explode.

giphy.gif

I will remember the words of Guy Mowbray......Potterball and add 5 expressos! Yes, we will lose games and may get hammered a few times but likewise we will also score plenty. Once Roberto gets to know his team I can only see us getting better. Gatecrash the top 4 is unlikely but top 6 and a Europa league place? Think that's entirely possible this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nervous and excited.

We are playing a team next whose counter attacking ability and quality forwards is likely a big test of RDZball

Is this the game Biss gets his first League start? :nono:

Win this and I’ll be getting the Kleenex out

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm worried that we will sell all our best players. It's a very fine line. Losing cucu and Biss was already too much. Now you have papers telling us that trossard and caciedo have already gone or touting them for other sides………Look at Ajax. Great team the last few years. Have now sold all their best players and are utter garbage. Please tony don't let that happen.

It’s just something we’ll have to cope with. It’s the reality of being in the top 4 with a bottom 6 budget.

I suspect there will be one sale per year and the two you quote look to be the next on the departure list in the next couple of years. I suspect they’ll bring in £100m+ but I also suspect that the club is busy searching out potential world class talent to replace them. Perhaps it’s about enjoying the moment? We are well out of our ‘lane’ in the EPL, let’s put our foot down and enjoy the thrilling ride while it lasts because it’s not sustainable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t know why but I do feel extremely excited. This guy seems to show a passion for football and the players already seem to be enjoying it. Who knows what is going to happen it could have easily gone pear shaped under Potter as could do under RDZ but equally it could be an amazing season and I think it’s going to be fun whatever happens.

I think it was the “cat that got the cream” look on Tony Bloom’s face when he was introducing RDZ as our new head coach. It definitely was not the look of a chairmen who thought everything that he had been building was about to go tits up.

Tony’s body language was really telling during that press conference. Beginning to wonder if RDZ would have been on the list when we got Potter but seen as ‘too good’ for us at the time given his experience then. Genuinely think we might have upgraded. Fascinating times ahead, can’t wait.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Excited to see RDZ mondo expresso in action and to never hear old soppy bollox 'it is what it is' ever again :clap:

Soppy bollox = The best and most successful manager we've ever had.

You're letting yourself down with unkind and unnecessary comments like that.

Graham Potter has been brilliant for our club and RDZ will also be brilliant.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I was delirious at 2-0 on Saturday and then worried sick when Liverpool got lucky with VAR to get that goal back. It seemed to stop us in our tracks. But fair play, we stuck to it despite Liverpool upping their game and in the end I thought we thoroughly deserved our point - a point largely gained through RDZ's substitutions. I'm very optimistic, it's going to be exciting for sure
Don't forget the input that crofts & lallana have had the few weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here