Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Remote working: anyone know of any opportunities/possibilities?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Loads of extra paperwork for the employer though. Not saying it can't be done, but many employers (including my own - a large UK employer) don't want the hassle.

Forgive my ignorance but what extra paperwork would it entail for the company? When I've worked in the UK in the past, whilst tax resident in Spain, the employer hasn't had to do anything.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Forgive my ignorance but what extra paperwork would it entail for the company? When I've worked in the UK in the past, whilst tax resident in Spain, the employer hasn't had to do anything.

I don't work in HR so working off second hand knowledge but I assume that you would need to ringfence what would normally have been the HMRC tax and NI contributions and declare differently and things like Stakeholder pensions would all have different rules.
As an employer I imagine if you already have a load of overseas workers, its not an issue, but the first one is an utter nightmare - and learning all the rules in the first place must be quite time consuming.
I've tried to both recruit someone from overseas and had existing employees want to move abroad and been refused both times because HR didn't want the hassle and we are a big-ish company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here