Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gillingham v Brighton and Hove Albion U21s Papa John's Trophy tonight 7pm ko

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I like to try and get to these games as a rule but simply can't stomach another trip to Gillingham so hoping for some sort of stream via the usual channels, can't see anything yet as to if it's being shown anywhere.

Like it or loathe the competition,it does give the youngsters some experience of playing v shall we say a more robust opponent, probably need a draw at least to stand a chance of progressing out of the group after losing the first game.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ifollow have a £10 match day pass if you want to watch the game via the Gillingham website.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's a shockingly bad competition, but yes, not nearly as bad for us as it is for the lower league teams.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a shockingly bad competition, but yes, not nearly as bad for us as it is for the lower league teams.

I love it, I think it's a brilliant idea - it adds interest for both our youngsters, and for lower league teams playing against elite academy teams. Hope we win tonight - would be wonderful if we could progress from the group stages.

Winning the trophy would brilliant. COY(Y)S!

Last edited:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I was looking at the starting line up on the Albion app and wondering why I didn’t recognise any of the players.
I then realised it was the Gillingham team.:banana:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I love it, I think it's a brilliant idea - it adds interest for both our youngsters, and for lower league teams playing against elite academy teams. Hope we win tonight - would be wonderful if we could progress from the group stages.

Winning the trophy would brilliant. COY(Y)S!

Has any U21 side ever won the cup?
Anyone got any stats for this?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good strong team that.

Something that puzzles me - I googled for 'Gillingham vs Brighton U21 live youtube' jusy in the hope that it might somehow have got on there. It hasn't, of course - and I've tried it before, so I wasn't surprised.

What there is though, is a whole load of links purporting to be Gillingam v Brighton U21 live - which none of them are, or anything like. Just a few minutes of an image (often featuring ESPN) and some crap music. Who puts these up on Youtube? Why? What is the point - what do they hope to gain? Anybody got a clue? - and if so, could someone kindly explain it?

Oh bugger - Albion 1-0 down.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Good strong team that.

Something that puzzles me - I googled for 'Gillingham vs Brighton U21 live youtube' jusy in the hope that it might somehow have got on there. It hasn't, of course - and I've tried it before, so I wasn't surprised.

What there is though, is a whole load of links purporting to be Gillingam v Brighton U21 live - which none of them are, or anything like. Just a few minutes of an image (often featuring ESPN) and some crap music. Who puts these up on Youtube? Why? What is the point - what do they hope to gain? Anybody got a clue? - and if so, could someone kindly explain it?

Ad revenue

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ad revenue

Really? How the f*** does that work then - I won't be looking at the sites again, and I don't suppose anyoone else will more than once.

On second thoughts, never mind - there's so much abut this new internet world that I don't get - and on reflection, I've decided I can live without bothering about a lot of it!

Thanks for replying anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here