Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton player ratings

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The BBC match report has every single one of our players, even the subs, scoring higher in the player ratings than the best Liverpool player :eek:

Top 6 bias as usual :D

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A great game. Not many teams take on Liverpool like we did in first half. 3 goals conceded so disappointing. None created. 2 lucky deflections for fist, Second bad keeper error and Firmino not marked.

Sanchez 6 Some good saves but gave goal away.
Veltman 8 Very good
Dunk 6 Tough game against good attackers Too many times gave them to much space. Especially for 3rd goal
Webster 7 Must also take some blame for 3rd goal but very good contributions going forward.
Pervis 7 Early days and very hard act to follow. marked up because must get credid for Salah having a quite game.
March 8 Always defends well but credit for positive attacking contributions.
Mcalister 7 Good game and skillful contribution for goal
Caicedo 7 Part of midfield that did not let Liverpool dominate
Gross 7 Maybe not that dominate but as above
Welbeck 8 Easy to say missed chances but they were on target. Every other aspect he was outstanding and main reason able to keep ball upfront.
Trossard 9 Hat trick enough said.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The BBC match report has every single one of our players, even the subs, scoring higher in the player ratings than the best Liverpool player :eek:

Whereas the Telegraph ( my gran gets it) had TAA and the I think the Liverpool defence getting 6s whereas all our defence got 5s!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sanchez 7 - mistake on the last goal, but two top class saves and a number of collected freekicks and corners etc.

Veltman 9 - the man is always exactly where he needs to be
Dunk 6 - struggled along with Webster and Salah/Firmino found way too much space between and behind the CBs
Webster 6 - see Dunk

March 8 - great game again
Caicedo 6 - not his day and had limited impact and struggled to win the midfield battle
Mac Allister 7 - was fine though maybe not as good as in recent games
Estupinan 7 - good game, especially in first half with some very nice interceptions. A couple of mistakes in the second but overall did well.

Gross 6 - the king has seen better days, just didnt quite get into the game today
Welbeck 8 - heavily involved in two of the goals and created lots of space for Tross
Trossard 10 - well, if you score three on Anfield, you're getting a 10

Lallana 6 - came on and basically just spread a few passes here and there... not much impact
Mitoma 7 - very exciting player, great to have him as a super-sub
Lamptey - played too little

Not seen the game myself but listened to bbc radio sussex sport after and apparently it took something like 91 mins for Caicedo to give the ball away? Based on that not sure 6 is fair is it?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not seen the game myself but listened to bbc radio sussex sport after and apparently it took something like 91 mins for Caicedo to give the ball away? Based on that not sure 6 is fair is it?

Well that stat just isn't true. His passing game was fine but he carried the ball into the position a few too many times and struggled to protect the area in front of Dunk and Webster. He was also late to track Firminos runs on multiple occasions. He wasn't bad but I've seen him a lot better.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well that stat just isn't true. His passing game was fine but he carried the ball into the position a few too many times and struggled to protect the area in front of Dunk and Webster. He was also late to track Firminos runs on multiple occasions. He wasn't bad but I've seen him a lot better.

You say that stat is not true so when did he give the ball away before the 91st min?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
6 - average

Interesting to see DeZerbi ball in all its glory. I would strongly suggest the club invests in more defibrillators, as goodness me my heart went a few times. Anyone who thought Potter played out in tight situations is going to have frayed nerves 😃…..

Sanchez - 7
Veltman - 7
Dunk - 6
Webster - 5 - thought his passing was poor, positionally pulled out too easily, and although some good bits, a bit of an off-day
Pervis - 7
MacAllister - 9 - one of our best ever signings. World class
Caciedo - 6
March - 8 - great on the ball, but fantastic work rate and defensively sound without the ball
Gross - 6
Trossard - 10 - second ever 10 I’ve awarded. Perfection personified.
Welbeck - 7 - bad miss in first half. Playing well though.

Mitoma - 7 - did well and owned TAA, though apparently not that difficult these days
Lallana - 6
Lamptey - n/a

Webster did make both a great chance in the second half and the third goal through his touch around Salah

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here