Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped

1 gained or 2 lost?

• Total voters

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Engrained small club mentality :lolol:

You know, the Leicester game was quite a revelation for me. We conceded early - but I simply assumed that we would just roll on and score ourselves. Then back to 2-2, and again not concerned, just assumed we'd score when we felt like it - it felt a bit like when Murray scored in the final game of the season against Man City, we all just assumed they'd score a hatful.

So, approaching today's game, it really did feel as though we were on level playing terms with Liverpool. I have never felt like that before. I have always felt 'Liverpool away - free hit'. I'm now expecting us to win most games, and be level pegging with the 'big' teams.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Voted 2 points dropped but with a very positive attitude.

Should have been 4-0 up before Liverpool scored. Gifted them their third goal.

BUT peppered with praise on MOTD - fantastic, magnificent, excellent.

RdZ is the man!

theboybilly

2 points dropped. We had them, we had a top team on the ropes, but half-time couldn't come quickly enough. Liverpool upped their game in the 2nd half but RDG's substitutions worked a treat and we were much the better side in the closing stages. We deserved to win that in my opinion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could have gone either way, Brighton maybe marginally closer to the victory, but can't complain about a point.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£40 @ 17/2 came a cropper. Liverpool were a bit better than expected and Zerbi corrected the weaknesses of Potterball first time out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surprising criticism on here. I was delighted with a point and it is Liverpool who will see it as two points dropped . Klopp seemed down in the dumps afterward.

I don't think Klopp saw it as two points dropped, especially not after his comments shown on MOTD. To be 2-0 up at Anfield, on top and arguably should've been further ahead, it has to be two points dropped. I think for some it's hard to view things from the current perspective rather than where we have been in the past, even the recent past. Our last three results from Liverpool's fortress are a win and two draws, the last two, again arguably, should have been wins.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I listened to it on the radio and thought a draw seemed fair, having watched the game on sky last night I still think the result was fair.

Yes we could have got a couple more goals , Wellbeck should have done better and Trossard's was a half chance and good save but Liverpool had a couple of chances that on another day go in. They forced us into a lot of errors as well although when we clicked we looked very good and incisive.

The game is played over 90 mins and we were dominant for probably 20 mins and 10mins towards the end .

On the radio Warren seemed to think Webster was poor , not sure he was that bad on viewing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here