Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby League World Cup Sweepstake

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of the premier global sporting events of the year, 2nd only to the mens football world cup as the 16 best teams on the planet go head to head in sporting arenas all over England over 4 weeks but there can only be 1 winner. Promises to be an epic tournament that deserves an NSC sweepstake in its honour.

:O

Greatest show on turf

15 more entries and the draw will be conducted.

Go.........................

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m in, even though it’s the Championship of rugby

Australia would be good but knowing how fixed these sweepstakes are I know Crodo will get them, I’ll probably get Lebanon, Greece or Jamaica :wink:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Around and around and around they go, where they stop, only Gurjit (from Accounts) might know.

200.gif

Greece please.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I'm in. Have always loved RL and have got tickets for the final in Manchester and I cannot wait.

Whilst I don't quite understand the eligibility rules where you can switch from a tier 1 nation to a lower tier nation, it can only make for a good spectacle and some of the pacific nations' squads look excellent and packed with NRL superstars.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Promises to be an epic tournament that deserves an NSC sweepstake in its honour.

When it comes to Crodo's sweepstakes, I'm always in.

Never were competitions ever more fair or unbiased.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm in. Have always loved RL and have got tickets for the final in Manchester and I cannot wait.

Whilst I don't quite understand the eligibility rules where you can switch from a tier 1 nation to a lower tier nation, it can only make for a good spectacle and some of the pacific nations' squads look excellent and packed with NRL superstars.
It just means that if you come from (say) Fiji but play in Australia, you are eligible for the Australian men's side; but if you get capped and then don't make it into the world cup squad, you can still play for your home nation. It's not a my-granny's-milkman-was-Irish sort of qualification; the Fiji players are properly qualified for Fiji. But like you say, it makes a much better spectacle - Fiji beat New Zealand last time, and Tonga were only 2 points away from reaching the final.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One of the premier global sporting events of the year, 2nd only to the mens football world cup as the 16 best teams on the planet go head to head in sporting arenas all over England over 4 weeks but there can only be 1 winner. Promises to be an epic tournament that deserves an NSC sweepstake in its honour.

Greatest show on turf

15 more entries and the draw will be conducted.

Go.........................

Been on holiday?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Been on holiday?

As a mark of respect for Her Majesty The Queen I refrained from posting during the period of national mourning and then I was away on a cruise with John Inverdale and Karen Clifton.

3 spaces remaining....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
IN.
They're advertising this as 3 Trophies 1 World Cup. Mens, Ladies & Wheelchair event all on at the same time. Some Ladies are double headers with a mens game or two ladies games together. Should be fun to watch (as in it's sport and I watch anything). Shame nothing at the Amex but then it's a northern game I guess.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes please

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gurjit and I conducted the draw at 11am this morning, after a couple of hiccups with the first attempts at the draw we got it right at the third time of asking. Good luck all, I don't know who will win but hopefully Rugby is the real winner. Should be an incredible tournament.

@crodonilson - Australia
@Icy Gull - Greece
@Is it PotG? - Scotland
@DerekZoolander - England
@Official Old Man - Fiji
@NEASTGULL - Tonga
@hart's shirt - Jamaica
@doogie004 - Lebanon
@jakarta - France
@Durlston - Papua New Guinea
@MattBackHome - New Zealand
@jessiejames - Samoa