Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Gary Neville

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Right wingers “go a month without being triggered by Gary Neville and Gary Lineker” challenge

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is anyone on here excited by the World Cup? Only two weeks away apparently. I’m underwhelmed. For the first time ever I don’t think I care.
Yep. Love a World Cup, 3 games a day and interested to see how different my trip out there is compared to previous visits. I suspect it will have the usual feel where a World Cup completely takes over the whole country

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is anyone on here excited by the World Cup? Only two weeks away apparently. I’m underwhelmed. For the first time ever I don’t think I care.
I'm only interested in watching games involving Albion players. I hope they avoid injury and do well but not so well that the big money clubs get too interested.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Apart from watching Albion players not interested in early rounds. Just waiting for us to beat Wales Iran and USA and media saying we are world beaters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No, but it feels odd because the normal football season is still on, when that wraps up next weekend I might feel a bit more excited

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm certainly not excited but as mentioned above, we're in the middle of the season and Albion have three big games in the next week.

I'm looking forward to it though and I suspect, once it gets going, I'll become engrossed in it. Having so many Albion players participating adds a dimension we've not really had before.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Cant get up for this WC , i think with the right manager we would be in with a serious shout with the players currently available . But we`ve got an ex palarse boy who failed as a manager at Boro , and can be relied on not to pick the best players for the job . Add the whole dodgy Qatar business to it , and can only see problems .

I will say to @Springal and any other of our lads travelling out there be safe , and watch out for these lot .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Utterly uninterested in this World Cup. Felt angry about it the second it was awarded but assumed my football compass would kick in as the event approached. It really hasn’t. Holding it in mid-season has just underscored the importance of the Albion to me. This is an unwanted interruption to the serious stuff. I did even know who was in England’s group until I read it in this thread. No shifts booked. No plans to watch a single match. If I do, I suspect it will involve Ecuador rather than England.

Getting back on topic, the whole Neville episode last night reminded me why this World Cup leaves such a sour taste in the mouth. There are so many moral contradictions running through it. David Beckham pimping himself out to blow smoke up the ruling family’s arse is also deeply dispiriting.

Russia felt like a practice run. I was ambivalent towards that event, particularly after the Crimea invasion. I watched a couple of matches at the most and ignored the sem-final.

Perhaps it’s just my age.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Once they chose Qatar we should have pulled out of the tournament. You never know, some other countries might have followed our lead and made an example of both FIFA and Qatar.
I think so too, You have to remember that the bid was accepted by FIFA with a summer date where temperatures were going to come in at around 46c. It was only after some pressure was put on that it was changed to November.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, but it feels odd because the normal football season is still on, when that wraps up next weekend I might feel a bit more excited
Except the normal football season does not wrap up, we are left unsatisfyingly, with a midway break for a pointless and corrupt wc. Utter pants.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Don't know if mentioned, but his interview with Steven Bartlett is interesting (most are).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here